Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday Field Trip!

For today's Field trip I am taking you to a suburb of Richmond Virginia, where I spent last week.

This is my parent's house, the house I lived in for most of my growing up. I have no idea why the picture is so blurry I think I need a new camera. The ramp is relatively new, There used to be shrubs and flowers there. My dad had quite a green thumb.
This is one of my most favorite restaurants ever. I used to eat at the original Joe's Inn in the Fan Area of Richmond when I went to College at VCU. Mom and I went to the one in Bon Air pictured above.
This is the one in the Fan. Just looking at the picture brings back such memories! I loved going there, and we went quite often. They were open almost all the time and served breakfast all day and lunch and dinner too. I remember walking there late at night when it snowed one time. It was quite a hike if I remember correctly LOL

We went to Cracker Barrel one morning for breakfast, Stuffgirl loves to try on hats! The man behind her I don't know but its kinda Freaky cuz he almost looks like my dad before he got so sick.


This was the first time I have ridden with Kornfan since he got his license. He reminds me of me, I was a nervous driver for at least a year after I could drive and he drives like me. Stuffgirl has always been a confident driver.
Of course no trip to my mom's is complete without a trip to Walmart. She shops there for everything since its so close to where she lives. 2 minute drive easy. I loved this display in the eyeglass place in the front of Wallyworld so I took a picture. Yes I took a picture in a walmart! I love to take pictures anywhere everywhere. No one is safe!







Kornfan gave us a concert with his Graduation present, he loves it! He is really quite talented and thinks he is going to be a rock star. I can only hope he becomes rich and famous and takes care of his dear ole mom in her old age :)


My mom's new glasses make her eyes look HUGE! Here is my brother and my mom listening to Kornfan's concert.


Well, I have more pics of my trip but I am going to break this up into 2 Friday field trips so there will be more to come!

Later



5 Comments:

Blogger L said...

Great pics Mel, love the eyeglass display.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

What a lovely trip. It's always nice going home.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

Can't wait to hear more about your trip! And your mom looks like a bit like my mom.

8:07 PM  
Blogger poody said...

cool photos! The girl is so beautiful!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Superwoman said...

We have that same display at our walmart. My kids always want to go play with the animals.

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home