Tuesday, October 16, 2007


Legally blonde the musical...

Did anyone see this on Sunday? I love me some Broadway but I never get to see any shows. Rural South Carolina is just not a big venue for Broadway shows, although Spamalot is coming next year and I am going to try to go. But I digress (gawd I love sayin that), I wanted to talk about how much I LOVED Legally Blonde and how much I appreciate MTV for televising this because I would never have gotten to see it otherwise. The Show is awesome, this is not your old stale musical, this one is hip and youthful and I ate up every second of it. The Lead was played by Laura Bell Bundy, and she was perfect! I had to Google her, I had never heard of her before but she is not a newbie, she's been around a while. The best part was of course the "Bend and Snap" number!



Also this week I watched the new Show Samantha Who with Christina Applegate...this is officially my favorite new show this season (Pushing Daisies is a close second). I hate to announce how much I liked it, I am the death knell for a show. If I like it is doomed. There are so many but Arrested Development, Waterfalls and Dead like Me are a few I doomed by liking them too much. Anyway, Christina Applegate is so funny, she is the next Lucille Ball. The show is cute, she is cute and Barry Watson is OH SO cute LOL. Check it out!

What is everyone else watching and loving?


Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger buffalodick said...

I'm afraid I don't watch major network shows too much. Musicals are something I always enjoy, but have to be dragged to seeing one! Last one I enjoyed was "Little Shop of Horrors". We saw one after that about a love story on the ancient Nile that wasn't bad, but not good enough to remember its' name!

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang...if she shows that much cleavage all the time, I'll definitely have to check it out!

10:07 AM  
Blogger poody said...

I saw the new Christina show and liked it too! I took my friend Jana to see Dreamgirls. Halfway through the movie she looks at me and says"this is a musical?" LOL I had no idea she did not care for musicals!

10:50 AM  
Blogger poody said...

oh yeah and I like The Big Bang Theory and Moonlighting! This is my favorite one Moonlighting so it will for sure get cancelled the guy that plays the vampire is so hot!

11:00 AM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

I have not watched anything new on TV, except The Office, which isn't really new, just a new season. And I've sooooo been loving that the episodes have been an hour instead of a half an hour.

I wanted to see the SAM WHO? the other night, but time just got away from me. I'll have to check it out.

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i loved the legally blonde movies..so i will make sure i check out the musical...
The show i watch religiously is greys anatomy...it isnt new but it is so addicting...and patrick demspey...well need i say any more..

4:28 PM  
Blogger Sushiboy said...

I'll have to check it out. I'm sure MTV will rebroadcast it. They play everything a million times. I did like the original. The whole UPS guy romance subplot was my fav.

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually love musicals, but didn't know this was on. I caught a little of the "Bend and Snap" part, but figured it was something I would enjoy more from the beginning. Maybe they'll run it 70 million more times like everything else. I LOVED the movie, though.

Forgot to catch the Samantha show. Mondays are crazy for me, but it sounds cute. I am enjoying Pushing Daisies, though! So nice to see something new and quirky!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Mel, please please PLEASE stop like this show because I'd like it to last for a season or two. Stop it!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

I Tivoed Leagally Blonde because I saw all the ads when I was in NY in August and really wanted to see it so I was really excited that it was on MTV. However I have not had time yet to watch it. But I am on vacation next week and will watch it then. Will probably get the soundtrack soon.

I love Pushing Daisies too! Reaper is also really good and so is Chuck and Moonlight.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home