Sunday, October 14, 2007


I think I am finally caught up!!!

On my blog reading. It took hours LOL good thing I have no life huh? I am sorry, I couldn't comment on everyone's blogs but I read them all. I did comment some though

I am cleaning our bedroom this weekend, its quite a chore. Yes it was BAD. I have no closet space in this house and have been so many different sizes of clothes that I have saved them all in case I almost die again and lose weight. I know that sounds dramatic but it seems to be the only way I will lose weight these days. I lost 10 lbs since I was diagnosed with Diabetes but you cant tell it on me. I cant tell it anyway. Hubby said he can tell but I think he is just being nice. Anyway, I had all those old sizes in my dresser and no room for my clothes that fit so I had taken to just stacking them on top of the dresser. What a mess!!! But we are (ok Hubby is) in spring cleaning mode (I know its fall, we are major procrastinators ok??) and hubby said if I can get the clothes cleaned up he will clean everything else. Sounds like a win win situation right? ack! My back aches and I am tired and I haven't been able to sleep in my room (we are sleeping in the spare room) because of the stacks of clothes on the bed. Hopefully I can finish my part today. I have 4 huge garbage bags of clothes to give to good will. And I found some clothes that were MIA, LOL! I am excited to be organized again though.

In other news, the visit with my mom went good but she gets to me after a while. You have to walk on eggshells around her its is so easy to offend her these days. She does crazy things but I don't think she is crazy, just old and entitled I guess. I wore her out this week, she will need a week to recover. LOL I wore myself out too. I will have much more to post and I have lots of pics for posting. For now I will leave you with a pic of me, my son and my mom. Oh my kids were there for most of the week too, lost of pics of them too.

Later

14 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

I just went through my dresser this morning. Almost everything in there is too small for me. Looks like I'll be making a stop at Goodwill to get rid of that stuff.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

my best friend goes through the same thing. she's got alot of ailments, and not too long ago finally got off the pregnazone (sp?) that she was on for about 8 years due to her asthma.

I told her to keep some clothes from each of her sizes and the bras as well because she was always frustrated by the size changes.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

I was inspired by your post, and can tell you - that I now have three huge bags for goodwill...if you can do it - I can do it. (I hate cleaning...now that I can put my clothes away, guess I better get them all washed, dried, folded and put where they belong...)

4:32 PM  
Blogger poody said...

Glad you are back. Why does the son look like he is pouting? I gave up all the old clothes that don't fit anymore. I say if Ican get down to that size again I am buying new clothes! I am down over 30 lbs so far! Lo carbing it!

6:06 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

I have three sizes of clothes depending where I'm at with my weight. Always gaining or losing, never staying the same....

6:42 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

Yay for getting to see your kids!!! woohoo!!!

Isn't it nuts how our mothers can drive us c.r.a.z.y.!!??? I keep praying for patience!!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Nobody- glad to know its not just me!

Teri- It is frustrating. Thank goodness I havent had to take that stuff, i would be even bigger cuz steriods really add the lbs!

fantastagirl - I inspired you?? Thats so awesome. I finished finally! yah! Now, the real challenge will be if i can keep it this way!

Poody _ I dont know why he is scowling, probably because his sister (she took the pic) said something to him. They still fight like cats and dogs. 30 lbs??!!??? Way to GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buffalo - If I had room I would have kept some but like Poody says I can always buy new ones :)

8:38 PM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

dont even tell me about excess clothes...I wear the same 4 things most of the time.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Beth - I am learning from the best on how to drive MY kids crazy when I am old LOL

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well good job with the cleaning you have been doing. I know it can get tiresome!

How funny... you went to visit your mom, and mine came to visit me!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Hey Mel, you're mom's so cute. How old is she?

They become a bit crazy after 80. As you know my mother's in her late eighties and though she is extremely good at taking care of herself and her home, and has tons of friends, she repeats herself endlessly to the point you just want to punch pillows.

Cleaning, I have found, is good for the soul. I wish I had a bit more time to do major cleanings. Right now I'm just keeping up and trying not to drown.

Glad you're back. I'm been missing in action as well, but for me due to work overload. Yeck! I think I'd rather go visit my mother. :)

10:19 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Doggy - I tend to wear the same things over again too, but I do have more than 4 outfits :)

Amy - I love your san fran post and the pics! I am glad you had a good time with your mom.

Zed - She will be 75 next month. Gads I hope I dont repeat myself like she does when I am old! Take care of yourself while working hard. I go back tomorrow blech.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Jose said...

We need to do the same to our closet. I for one have like a zillion t-shirts, can a man ever have enough of those... ummmm!

2:34 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Holy smokes you were busy!
Congrats on the ten lbs!

LOL,old and entitled. I love that term. We have an 83 year old neighbor who's like that. I figure it's just the way of the world and is a normal part of getting older..

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home