Monday, October 01, 2007

Movie review Monday,kinda

I didnt go to the movies this weekend, Hubby was off and we went for bike rides. I really want to see Death at a Funeral, maybe I can go when I am in Virginia next week. I caught up online on my TV shows I missed last week (Greys and Heros) and I did watch some movies on TV, so I will review them. Note to men, I only watch girly films for the most part. I will not watch Horror unless forced, and rarely watch war movies. Anyway the first movie I saw was on Cinemax :

ENCHANTED APRIL is a gorgeous film. Its about 4 women that rent an Italian Villa to get away from their unhappy lives in London. The scenes in London are dark and wet, its always raining and dreary. The scenes in Italy are in bold vibrant color. The women start to change their lives and fix their problems because it seems the villa is magical calming effect on them. I really liked this movie. Its a period piece, set in the 1920s, and I am sucker for those. The actresses are really good. I felt a calming effect just watching this!



Then I saw this Canadian Gem on IFC. Sandra Oh at her best, need I say more? The woman is awesome! She is an aspiring actress that is trying to balance her life as a modern woman with her family's tranditions and expectations. This is one I could watch again and again.

I wont be here next monday but I plan on going to the movies alot while I am gone so I should have plenty of reviews coming up after that.

Later

7 Comments:

Blogger poody said...

I love Sandra Oh too! I will add this movie to the Netflix que!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Those BOTH sound really good!
Thanks for posting about them,I'm going to add them to my must see list:)

2:35 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

I love Sandra Oh even though my husband can't stand her (he claims she looks freaky...I don't get his problem I think she is beautiful) so I will have to add this movie to my list of DVDs at Blockbuster.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

I loved Enchanted April.

Well, first of all I love travelling in Italy, but it's not just that.

It's just one of those movies that makes me feel serene.

12:22 AM  
Blogger BlondeBlogger said...

You're going to be in VA? Which part? Anywhere near Leesburg? If so you have an open invitation to come visit me and my messy house! :)

2:17 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

I loved Sandra Oh in "Under the Tuscan Sun"...which is a FANTASTIC movie....makes me want to up and move to Tuscany.

2:41 PM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

They sound like good flicks! I'll have to see those!

Here's wishing you a safe and FUN trip! Hope everything goes well with your mom!

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home