Wednesday, September 26, 2007



Night Riding...

Hubby and I went for a ride after dark again tonight. We are not going to have but maybe another month before it gets too cold at night for fun rides. Day rides will be OK probably for a couple of months yet, that's one advantage of living in the South. Its so nice at night right now., the full moon looked close enough to touch. And oddly enough I feel totally safe on the wing. Hubby says it all has to do with trust, you have to completely trust the driver, but the bike is part of it too I think. The bike has lots of lights, if someone cant see us coming then they are blind! Hubby was fooling around with the flash on that first picture, I think gives it a cool effect!

Another Diabetes class today. It was me and 3 other old people and their spouses. It was pretty bad, the 85 year old couple made it to their car way before I got to mine and we were parked next to each other! Its bad that really older people have more mobility than I do! I noticed
alot of older couples today at the health center and alot of them were holding hands. That's so sweet I think. My parents still held hands after 50 years. I want that, Hubby and I rarely hold hands anymore, I need to talk to him about that. Back to the diabetes class. She said never ever eat fruit as a bedtime snack, its fine any other time but not at bedtime. I am new to the bedtime snack thing, I used to never eat after dinner. That is one cool thing is I have to have bedtime snacks now :) I have to thank Jimmy City for the tip about the cinnamon. No doctor or nurse has mentioned this to me but after Jimmy told me about I went online and its helped so many people I wonder why the docs didn't mention it?? It has made a big difference in my blood sugar, thanks Jimmy!

Its almost 1 am and I am still awake. I
don't know what is up with that, I usually am in bed by 10 but the past few weeks its midnight or later. I need to get back to getting to bed earlier, I need my sleep! I am going to bed now and force myself to sleep!

Later

7 Comments:

Blogger MommaMonkey said...

Glad the class went well~

And an nice autumn bike ride sounds like fun! Glad you enjoyed it!

1:41 PM  
Blogger poody said...

you can have milk and crackers or 1/2 pb sandwhich on whole wheat bread. whole fruiots are better than fruit juice.Be sure to keep a hard candy in your purse in case your sugar gets too low too. You have to remember that eating processed foods will increase your blood sugar as well. Try to eat only whole grains no minute rice or instant oatmeal. that sort of thing. I have heard that use of cinnamon can help to regulate blood sugars but never knew anyoe who uses it. What is the amount and how often do you take it?

2:09 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

Eat something, and get some sleep!

5:21 PM  
Blogger jimmycity said...

Glad it's helping you, Mel! I have a friend who swears it has knocked 30 points off his blood sugar readings, which I find almost too good to be true. When I started taking them, I dropped 10 points in a matter of just a few days.

Poody, I take 2 1000/mg caps once a day with my biggest meal of the day (usually dinner). You want to take cinnamon on a full stomach, or you will be belching the stuff for hours. It's easy to find in the vitamin aisle of your local grocery store, and it's not very expense.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

I take the 2 1000 mg of the cinnamon too, but I take 1 with breakfast and 1 with dinner. Its about a 10 point drop for me too! My sugar is still up a bit from being off my meds but I started back yesterday so hopefully they will be back down
soon.

8:50 PM  
Blogger X said...

Those are awesome pics! I love night pics :P I want the holding hands after 50 years thing too. Now to only find the guy :)

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shoot, then I'm glad Jimmy gave you the tip too Mel.

That bike looks too cool...I like all those lights.

Hope you got some good rest

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home