Thursday, September 27, 2007


My mother is mad at me...

I made the mistake of disagreeing with her on the phone, and now she is mad at me. I am doing my best to get back in her good graces. It shouldn't be that hard since she has no friends and is lonely as hell, she needs me! But I know better, I know how my mom is, but I dared to disagree with her. She is upset because her nephew has not called her and brought the new baby by or invited her to come over. I just mentioned that I know what it is like with 2 children in diapers (my kids were 18 months apart) and he is too busy and tired to think about her. I don't remember calling people when my kids were that little, pretty much I was a dead tired Zombie most of time. Anyway, now she says I am "taking their side". WTF? We have sides?????

I am leaving next Friday to spend an entire week with her, I hope I make out OK. Wish me luck. I am really excited though, I miss my Mom even if we are kinda like oil and water and she gets more paranoid with each passing day. Plus Stuffgirl is coming Sunday and spending the rest of the week with us. I am not sure what Kornfan's plans are but he better spend some time with his mother!!! The only bad thing is Hubby is not coming, we have a dog sitter crisis again and no one to watch the dogs.

Later

9 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Oh, I can so relate. If I so much as slightly disagree with anything with my mom, she won't speak to me for days. I hate it because I can never really talk to her and feel comfortable. I wish it weren't that way. I want to be close to her.

8:52 AM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

I'd love to tell you it gets better with time, but it usually doesn't!

9:39 AM  
Blogger poody said...

have fun and be careful!

7:07 PM  
Blogger Sushiboy said...

Hope it all goes well. Treat us to a field trip of your trip when you get back!

7:37 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

Wow, I felt like I was reading about my own mother. She and I get into tiffs like this all the time because I dare to have my own opinion and thoughts. Heavens! Perhaps suggest to your mother to call her nephew and see if they could schedule a time to see the baby. Like you said, he is probably too busy to call himself. Or maybe when you are there you can help her get in touch with him for a meet. Years of dealing with my mother's persnickety attitude has helped me be open to compromise.

Have a safe and fun trip and I hope you survive!

11:59 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

my mom and I are like that too....that old woman drive me nuts!!

But try and have a good time with your mom...and hey, you should have some good blog material, ya know? ;)

9:52 AM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Wait a minute - are we sisters? Because you just described my relationship with my mother. Hang in there -

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well if it'll make things easier, I can call your mom and tell her that I think she's wrong, too. Maybe she'll lighten up, then.
Of course, I'll probably tell her I'm Sushiboy. I'm rather a coward that way..

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... actually, now that I think of it, my mom called once totally drunk, and started telling me how I should arrange the furniture in my kitchen. When I told her she was wrong, and I had no intention of changing anything, she got "miffed"...
I think mom's get more angrier when their on the phone (well, and when they're raging alcoholics, like mine...).......

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home