Saturday, November 24, 2007


Today was a PJs, cleaning and Christmas movies!


Today I stayed home all day. I got up and took a shower and put clean PJ's on and wore them all day LOL. This is one of my favorite times of years....Christmas movies, the sappier the better! I love them! The Hallmark Channel and the Family channel are the best ones for this, sometimes Lifetime too. I hate shopping, I hate crowds so no black Friday for me. I will do most of my shopping online! Sometimes my friends can con me into going shopping but I avoid if I can. I would rather stay home and watch the Christmas movies :)

Anyway, This is a rough time of year. Monday will be the year anniversary of my dad's death and its been kinda difficult for me. I know its way worse for mom. She got a kitten for her Birthday named Tiger and I think its really been helping her loneliness but nothing can help the sadness of losing a spouse after 50 years.
My kids are going over there Monday to be with her and visit the grave, and just do stuff with her to take her mind off of things. I will be at work and we should be swamped Monday so that will help me. There is such a huge hole in my life now. Death sucks.

Later








4 Comments:

Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Death does suck... I'm sorry that you have to go through this, and wish that I could give you a great big hug.

10:56 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

Holidays always manage to depress us for a bit when we least expect it. I hang one of my late Dads' outside lighted decorations up, thinking how in his prime- nobody put up more lights on our street than Dad!

6:29 AM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

Holidays always make those days we lose a loved one even more painful. It is hard to be cheerful and happy when you feel so sad and dead inside. I am giving you a hug through Cyberspace. Remember your Dad in a special way this year, he will always be with you.

8:34 PM  
Blogger jimmycity said...

A BIG HUG from me to you!

I love "It's A Wonderful Life". I swear to GOD, the end of that movie where the brother toasts George Bailey catches me in the throat EVERY time.

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home