Friday, March 28, 2008


Fish Heads Fish Heads, roly poly Fish heads....

That crazy song has been stuck in my head all week!

No field trip today but I thought I would share a picture of the fruit salad I made with dinner tonight. Hubby and I LOVE fruit and its almost gone LOL with just us two eating it. I made a quiche too.

I had my yearly visit with my Cardiologist this week. I think I confound him really. My EF is way up there in normal range now and 4 years ago it was 20%. He really thought I would go the other way and get worse so while my good numbers thrill me, he quickly reminds me that I am not cured or healed and it will never be healed with all the scar tissue in my heart and not to get overly confident. He was really not happy about the diabetes diagnosis on top of this. BUT my bloodwork showed 77 fasting blood sugar and I am keeping good control on that. But I am happy with things, I do not EVER want to go thru Heart Failure again, its not fun at all.

I also had to go to the family doc today, the kidney infection from 2 weeks never really got better so she changed my antibiotic. Hopefully this will kick it out this time!

I know this is boring, all my medical stuff but its pretty much my life right now. Blech. Luckily the Lupus and Neuropathy have kept a low profile this week.

I lost 2 more lbs, total loss is 39 lbs now. This may be TMI but my underwear is really sagging on me LOL I guess I need to go buy some more.

My daughter is back with Long Haired guy, the one that broke her heart last year and she was almost suicidal over the breakup. So I am not thrilled with this. I am not saying alot of negative things, because she will clam up and not talk to me if I do, and also its her life, her decisions. It just hurts me so bad to see her hurting so bad. He BETTER treat her right this time. He has ditched her twice before, 3 strikes and he is OUT.

Later

5 Comments:

Blogger Jose said...

Well at least is sounds that you are responding good to treatments and that things are under control and that a huge thing. Sorry to hear about your daughter, me being a parent I can relate.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

I'm used to all the health ailments from my friend, Cindy. I always wonder if some folks are meant to have all this stuff and that's God's way of making them stronger, helping other people, etc.

I'm glad everything is pretty good, at least with the health.

I would kill the boy if he hurt her again, keep an eye out.

3:23 PM  
Blogger poody said...

good news on the health front sis!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, I'm glad you are feeling better, except for the infection thing. I've never had one but heard they can be very painful!

And yea for you losing more weight! Yea, you have lost a lot and I think new panties is in order! You don't want to be walking around in a skirt and have your panties drop to your ankles, now do you???? LOL

11:22 AM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

I am so happy that you are doing better. I hope your good work and habits rub off on me. I seriously need to get myself in shape.

I think the best thing for you to do is just be a supportive mom. Unfortunately kids need to make their own mistakes and learn. As hard as it is to watch them get hurt they do need to understand their love lives should not be something bad in their life. It took me a lot of rough times before I figured that out.

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home