Thursday, March 13, 2008


More junk in her trunk than a Honda...

I thought more people would get the SNL thing from last post. Those were the funniest SNLs, the first couple of seasons.

I had to go to the Doc yesterday to get my coumadin labs drawn and I asked to see the doctor too since my back was killing me. Yup, just as I suspected I have another kidney infection. I am really getting tired of these. they hurt like crazy. But I did have good news...I have lost 11 more lbs bringing my total lost since last June to 36 lbs!!!!!!
Horray ME!!! woohoooo. I wish I could tell it more but I am wearing jeans I havent worn in about 2 years.

The thing at work...I may be losing my insurance, to cut costs the management is making cuts in some things and it looks like they may go with this. It sucks for me. I am the definition of prexisting conditions! I am on hubbys too, but his wont cover the hospital that I seem to frequent. I am not sure what I am going to do, for now I will conintue plugging away. Seriously I am thinking of quitting if they drop the insurance and reapply for disability. I am just not sure.

on a happier note the pic is all us gals on the beach last weekend. I miss the beach already!! Thats me in the pink.

Later

11 Comments:

Blogger Silverstar said...

Nice picture.
That's terrible if they cut the insurance at your work. For your and everybody else's sake I hope they keep it.:)

8:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. Cutting insurance is a BIG deal. I mean, REALLY big. That would totally suck and I wouldn't blame you for quitting and filing disability. And a kidney infection. I've never had one but I did deliver 6 kideny stones one time. It was the only time in my life I've ever gone to the ER for ME and I never want those again.

Congrats! You lost that weight by yourself! You should be so proud. Whose dog is in the photo? Do you ever take any your dogs there?

8:20 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Great pic! And way to go on losing 36 lbs.....that's awesome!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Sherry said...

Look at that beach.... Those rocks! We don't have those around here. It's beautiful. Congrats. on the weight loss... however, I know where you loss it, so please come and get it off of my big butt!

Insurance is a biotch. It's so expensive. Hopefully something will work out for you.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

Losing your insurance would suck big time. I think you should look into getting on disability.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

that's great about the weight loss.

I heard through the grapevine that there was a bill passed about 20 years ago that says Insurance companies can't do the "pre-existing" issues anymore. Check into it.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Sushiboy said...

Good Job on losing all that weight, That is awesome!

Cutting insurance? Ugh, I'd quit. Maybe you could suggest that they fire that dead weight daughter of some manager or another. But with all the health problems you've been mentioning, (and your work seems to cause some of them). I'd just go on disability.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Jose said...

That's a bummer about the insurance. But some doctor is better than no doctor so go to a place that accepts your husband's insurance even if it's a cheaper hospital.

3:50 PM  
Blogger poody said...

Sucks about the insurance thing. I am glad you had a good vacation though. Way to go on the weight loss sis! Anyday now we will be skinny minnies! NOT!

7:12 PM  
Blogger BlondeBlogger said...

I'm hearing more and more stories like this lately. Our system is so screwed up. We have "good" health insurance with super high premiums and we still had to pay over $18,000 out of pocket last year. Families are going bankrupt...even with insurance. Scary. I hope that infection clears up soon. I'm sorry you're in pain. :(

2:49 AM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

Oh no! I hope you dod not lose your insurance, that would be horrible! I don't understand how companies can do that. Mine own just increased their copays a lot since the price of insurance went up. Fabulous. I do hate insurance companies so.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home