Wednesday, April 02, 2008


Catch a falling star and put in your pocket...

Hubby and I went for a bike ride late last night (ok now for me late is after 9 pm ok?? I am SO not a late night person) and it was gorgeous, no clouds and you could see all the stars. Then I saw a falling star, he saw it too! It was so awesome! I have seen a meteor shower but never a falling star like that. Hubby has seen lots of them, I guess cuz he grew up in the country in Canada and the sky seems so much larger in Canada. I am not kidding, the sky seems larger to me there. The Canadian says its because they don't have trees so close to the roads there like here. I dunno, but I feel like seeing this Star last night was a good sign for me. I didn't take my camera so I snagged a pic from the net but this is pretty close to what it looked like last night.

Another good thing, I am getting a new washer and dryer!! Yes my life is pretty boring to get excited about appliances LOL. But I am! I cant wait to go pick them out. And Hubby agreed to put them upstairs and we will leave the set we have in the basement for his work clothes and shop rags and stuff. We have to wait for the tax refund but that takes almost no time these days/

We went riding the Gold wing again today running errands and I am just exhausted tonight. LOL Fresh air seems to wear me out! It was a lovely day high in the upper 70s. Back to work and for me and hubby tomorrow boo.

Later

11 Comments:

Blogger Superwoman said...

see I told you good luck was coming your way!! Glad to hear some great news and see a "smile" in your post.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! You got to see a falling star? I've never seen one! Bummer, but they do bring you good luck.

How fun it must be to ride around on the bike running errands. There is just something about it that makes you feel so free! And it's like everything is bigger and closer.

Yea, for me, if I'm not in bed by 9:00 PM, my body starts to shut down. I am a morning person, up before the sun!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Sushiboy said...

Wow what a fun ride! I like driving in the local canyons after dark. The mountain walls block out most of the lights from the cities and you can see millions more stars.

New appliances aren't supposed to be exciting? I don't think so, Grats on the new washer and dryer. May your power bill go down and your articles per load go up!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

Riding weather is upon us, isn't it?
Don't forget to always make a wish when you see a falling star.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

How cool to have two sets of washers and dryers. What a great idea.

I love seeing falling stars, even if my husband totally muffed his last wish on one he saw last week.

6:57 PM  
Blogger JQ said...

I must be boring too because I am excited about your new washer and dryer.

Whenever Pixie and I buy something new (it's happened twice) I imitate Rod Roddy from the Price is Right. IT never gets old.

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL,I'd get excited too!
That's awesome news!


I love that song you started your post with,now you've got me singing:)

8:39 PM  
Blogger Dick Small said...

I'm petrified of riding on motorcycles. I'm a coward.

6:41 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

The sky is always clearer when you aren't around city lights! It is an amazing sight

7:43 PM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

a cool world you live in...thats so 'zen' I wish I was 'zen' right now too

7:57 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

I've enver seena falling star....I hope to tho, one day. I gotas lots of wishes I need granted.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home