Monday, October 10, 2005


My daughter and her boyfriend broke up today. I could see it coming, really. She is wildly jealous, I never knew that about her. I knew she was jealous of her brother if she thought he was getting more attention that her but this kind of jealous kinda surpised me. Who knew?? Anyway, I thought I would post this pic...RIP K & W.

We have a home visit Wendsday night for Katie the foster. I'll have to post her pic too, she is so adorable! Anyway, these people have never had a dog before. They are either brave or stupid to start off with such a breed but Katie is anomoly, she is very laid back for an Iggy. I am going to miss her alot. No more fostering for a while...maybe never.

OK here are some questions Dixie posted on her blog..a get to know you thing. Thought I would try it

1. IF YOU COULD BUILD A HOUSE ANYWHERE WHERE WOULD IT BE? ON the outer banks, not the commercial area, but the less developed places like Corrola. It is so peaceful there.


2. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE(S) OF CLOTHING? Its called the biggest tshirt in the world, i love to lounge around in that thing. Outside the house i love sparkly shoes...I have some really tacky ones I just love (even though it embarrasses my husband when I wear them LOL)


3. IF YOU COULD HAVE CHOSEN YOUR NAME WHAT WOULD IT HAVE BEEN? Sierra, I dont know why but I love that name. Wanted to name my daughter that but my ex hated it.


4. WHAT IS THE LAST CD YOU BOUGHT? Love Music Angel Baby, Gwen stefani.

5. WHERE IS YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO BE? Home. There's no place like home.


6. WHERE IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE PLACE TO BE? At work!


7. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE IN THE MORNING? Between 5 and 5:30 on weekdays and about 8 on the weekends...if the dogs will let me.

. 8. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE? I dont own a dishwasher but I know if I had one it would be my favorite! I HATE washing dishes.


9. WHAT MAKES YOU REALLY ANGRY? I dont want to incur the wrath of the racing industry but knowing many greyhounds die needlessly every day.

10. IF YOU COULD PLAY AN INSTRUMENT WHAT WOULD IT BE? Piano. I would love to play some ragtime!

11. FAVORITE COLOURS? Pink and purple

12. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK? A wish for wings that work. Its a christmas story featuring my favorite cartoon character Opus.


13. FAVORITE SEASON? Spring

14. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER WHAT WOULD IT BE? elastic girl...I am tired of being short I could reach stuff on the top shelf and not have to beg for help.

15. CAN YOU JUGGLE? I have no coordination at all. Its all I do to balance myself!

16. THE ONE PERSON FROM THE PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK AND TALK TO? This is so stupid but I would have loved to have had a conversation with Groucho Marx.


7. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DAY? Friday!

18.whT IS IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR? Dog treats, a donation jar and a banner for Meet and Greets


19. SUSHI OR HAMBURGER? Hamburger, I dont do raw fish...ewwww


20. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CARTOON CHARACTER? all the characters of Bloom county, especially Opus and Bill the Cat...ACK!


.21. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MEAL? seafood...out! So I dont have to cook or clean.


22. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ANIMAL? dogs. I have 8!


23. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TIME OF DAY? Bedtime I guess. I used to be a morning person but my medications have me dragging in the mornings now.

24. WHO IS YOUR HERO? My mom...we dont always see eye to and eye and lately she has been damn strange but this is a woman who had so much energy and could get so much done when she was younger. I wish I had some of her drive.

Later

1 Comments:

Blogger dixiedarling said...

Mel - thanks for stopping by and putting your answers on your blog. Interesting - you remind me of me, my mother and grandmother. We are all dog lovers and have all been known to stop and pick up stray babies on the side of the road - on the way home from school. Grandma, Mom and me all keep dog treats in our cars, along with a blanket for any pups we might have to stop and help. Thanks for stopping by - keep up the good work on saving the greyhounds.

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home