Thursday, November 24, 2005


Mel's Favorite Things

I see Oprah has done her Favorite things show. I looked at the list, how lame! LOL I think I will do a list of my own. Now, My hubby is my absolute favorite thing, followed by the dogs. Oh yeah...LOL I guess the kids too. But Oprah didnt mention Steadman, just things. so Here are my favorite things.

1. Really ugly bedroom slippers from Freds...$1.97. They are hideous but my feet actually sigh when I slip them on.

2. Tim Horton's Coffee. A luxury for me since I have to have it shipped to SC. My friend Jo Anne from Manitoba (is that spelled right??) just sent me 2 cans...I am flush for a while. $11.99 for a large can.

3. Oil of Olay SPF 15 light face lotion $8. No skin cancer for me, I wear it every day.

4. The Dishwasher...a GE. Around $350. OK so its not hooked up and running yet but it will be a favorite when it is. I was so excited when hubby brought it home I asked him if I could have a minute alone with it.

5. Visiting my blogger friends online daily. Cant put a price on that but my DSL is like $25/mo.

6. Pogo.com. I am an addict! $4.99/mo

7. My moms wedding dishes, they are Shawnee pottery and really collectable but very sentimental.

8. My Primpro hormone therapy. You really wouldnt like me without hormones, I am not very nice. I pity the doctor that tries to take them away from me!

9. Celebrity gossip. I know its soooooo wrong but I read Star and In Touch almost every week. Trent's blog every day has the best up to date stuff. Pink is the new Blog!

OK so I am the lame one from these items I see. Oh well. Happy Thanksgiving Ya'll!

Later.......

5 Comments:

Blogger nicki said...

mmmmm Tim Hortons coffeee....you have GREAT taste :)

3:41 PM  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

I like your list as well as Oprah's actually. More accessible to the people, as it were.

Also, mmmmm, Tim Horton's...I'm five minutes away from one, yum. :)

1:35 PM  
Blogger BonnyT said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Mel..and I am enjoying yours,too..

Timmy's, eh? I'm with Nikki...you DO have GREAT taste.

I'll be back for sure....

1:47 PM  
Blogger blackcrag said...

Hi Mel, you seem to be a lodestone for Canadian bloggers. I, myself, must be unpatriotic or something, because I don't understand the attraction of Tim Horton's coffee. And I do drink coffee. Lots and lots of coffee.

I like the rest of your list though. We all have little guilty pleasures like celebrity gossip, and, like you I am thankful for dishwashers. The last three places I've rented all had dishwashers. I love 'em.

1:59 PM  
Blogger dixiedarling said...

I love my star gossip - I read those same magazines. Sad I know but I love it still.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home