Friday, November 11, 2005


A Close and Personal Friend of Mine

I watched an award thingy the other night where Steve Martin recieved the Mark Twain award. I had never heard of that award before, but it sure seems apt. I grew up with Steve, I was about 17 when i first saw him on Saturday night live. I loved him, and my mom thought he was "silly" so that made me love him even more. I thought he was the funniest man around. His is the one and ONLY time I ever joined a fan club. I always thought fan clubs were kinda pathetic, but I got the coolest bumper Sticker ever. I miss that bumper sticker. I am way older now (so is he I understand and I wish he would just stop aging!!) and I still think he is one of the funniest people around, and my mom still thinks he is silly. Its funny, my kids are into all the old SNL shows and its like THEY just discovered him. My kids dont think he is silly but they think I am. That also is apt.

Later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home