Friday, December 16, 2005


ICE ICE BABY

Can you say cold?? I know you northerners laugh at us in the south when we get winter weather but really we are so not equipped for this!! Major ice storm yesterday, trees down everywhere, power lines down. We didnt have power from about noon yesterday until 6 this morning. We are lucky, lots of people still dont have it. We have our kerosene heater and Hubby collects oil lamps so we had heat and light. Its hard to read by oil lamp though, I had my body contorted to get as close to the lamp as I could to read last night. I dont know how the pioneers did it. We had a minor scare when a tree limb came down on fence (it was a HUGE tree limb) and I was scared to let the dogs out until Hubby came home and fixed it. We were lucky with that too, the top metal bar is twisted but the mesh fencing is still ok. We dont need lost greyhounds in this weather. They werent too interested in going out anyway.

I was tagged yesterday!!!! LOL but I have to get to work so I will do that tomorrow. Thank goodness the weekend is almost here!

Later...

3 Comments:

Blogger Lynda said...

Ugh. I live in Indiana (moved here from California), and we had all this slushy stuff yesterday. Of course, it got so cold today all the slushy stuff was ice.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Oops! I also was going to add, I love that bird feeder picture. Is that at your house?

10:22 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

No, thats not my bird feeder but its a picture I snagged off the local news site. I am getting a digital camera though so I will be able to post my own pics soon! Its a nice picture.

Poody, when I lived in Virginia we had an awesome radio station that played Ezra. But my hubby didnt know anything about them when he bought Deluxe, he likes to try cds of groups he doesnt know. We preordered the new CD off their website so we have it already. Thanks though!

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home