Saturday, January 28, 2006


Coming out.......

I had a good friend come out to me this week. This was not a big surprise but the anguish she is feeling along with the elation of being in love was something to see. She is miserable yet happy at the same time. She was truly afraid of how I would react, remember this is the deep south. She has children and is going through a lot of crap right now. I have never cared about that, friends are friends as far as I am concerned. She and I have had our issues though, she lied to me several years ago. I absolutely despise being lied to. I try not to lie ever, and I really really don't want my friends to lie to me. Not to say I haven't lied, I have. Big ones. But I am awful at it, and feel so bad that I just cant anymore. I did lie to my boss this week but I don't feel bad about that, my big boss lied to me to get me to stay when I tried to quit. SOOO any lies there I don't feel bad about, as long as they don't hurt a co worker. Anyway I forgave her (my friend) but we will never be as close as we were. I really really feel for what is going through though. I think Love is Love. Period.

Speaking of Lies, everyone is commenting on James Frey's lies. I saw Oprah just SLAM into him on TV. It was awesome. Oprah was mad boy howdy! It made me think of that old Jim Croce song...I want to make up a new lyric...You don't pull on supermans cape...You don't spit into the wind...You don't pull the mask off the lone Ranger and you don't F with Orpah! " It made for good TV I guess. I don't know how I feel about his lies. as I said above I hate being lied to but I didn't read the book and have no intention of reading it so I guess it doesn't matter to me. Its a shame though, from what I understand the guy is a brilliant writer..Why didn't he market it as fiction? Well, its not hurting the sales. I just ordered some books online and they had it listed as the #2 bestseller there this week. So maybe it does pay to Mess with Oprah??? No NO I just wont believe that!

Big news here in meaningless land but I have posted too much for now... It will have to wait

later.......

1 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

I don't like lies either. I believe in Karma so I know they come back to haunt you.

Like you I wonder why he didn't just market the book as fiction. What a fool. Nothing like getting bitch slapped by Oprah in front of millions of viewers.

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home