Monday, January 09, 2006


Dog Food Issues...

The dog food we were using was recalled because it caused some dogs to die due to Mold on the corn that was used to make the food. Or something like that. Our dogs only ate 2 meals out of the tainted bag before we found out, but I saw on NBC tonight that just eating one meal could case fatal liver damage!! ACKKKKKKKK! My dogs dont act sick and still are eating like minature horses (well they would eat like horses if we let them) so I think they escaped any damage. I hope so. Its been over a month and we have yet to settle on a dog food that is reasonably priced and good for them. I would love to feed the high end expensive stuff but with 8 dogs and fosters sometimes we need to go as cheap as we can without resorting to Ole Roy or something. I bought some more Diamond food tonight, the lamb and rice and now its made with NO corn so I figure its safe. I hope so anyway.

Oh...and if you want a chuckle...I didnt realize Hubby forgot to dog food and when I got home he had a Migraine brewing and so I had to go get the food. I HATE going back out after I am settled in for the night. Anyway, I forgot to change my shoes and had to go into the feed, lawn and garden store in my SLIPPERS! Yes the gawd awful butt ugky but comfy as hell slippers. to quote Thora....meh.

Later

7 Comments:

Blogger nicki said...

i hope yer doggies are ok :)

and nice slippies..hehehe

10:19 PM  
Blogger Not this time said...

:) Hey! You quoted me!

I quite like the slippers, actually!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Wasn't that scarey about the dog food?!!! I hope your herd is ok :)

P.S. I think your slippers are cute!

Oh! And thanks for checking out my blog!!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

I like the slippers, so colorful and they look almost shiny. Glad the dogs seem okay. That is a really weird recall.

10:57 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

My husband would probab;y fake a migraine to keep from having to go out...LOL.

Mel, thanks for the visit and comment. I am getting tired of the dye process and the money I have to pay for it could definitely be put to better use! I'll let you know what happens.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Spider Walk said...

I've read about the recall. I have never seen Diamond dog food in my part of Michigan though. Yahoo had headlines a few days back about the long term effects to the liver if a meal was eaten by a dog. I hope your dogs will be ok. Maybe you could call your vet and ask what the signs of liver disease are just to be safe? I would be freaking out a little right now if I were you. :(


I like your slippers too. At first I thought they were those cool new clogs everyone is wearing. I am sure no one noticed them while you were out....and even if they did, I am sure no one paid attention. I think I may post a picture of my comfy slippers I am wearing..lol
--cute idea

12:51 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I like your slippers, too!

I hope your doggies are ok. I haven't heard of that brand of food, either.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home