Thursday, February 02, 2006


My day as a human Pincushion....

Today I went the hospital, I had a glouclose tolerance test and an MRI which is am sure costs more than I make in a month. Thank goodness for insurance, I really am grateful for that. I was there from 8am until 2. I read a whole book. I got complimented twice on my shoes. (my cheap 6.99 freds shoes) I have many holes and bruises in my arms. I have bad veins, and am allergic to the tape they use so I look like a junkie! But when I called work to explain how late I was and I just had to eat(I was fasting and by 2 my hands were shaking) and then I would come in, my boss told me not to, that it was slow and they didnt need me! So that was good. I was able to go the DMV and get my handicapped thingy for my car which I hadnt had time to do! That was good because they dont open on saturdays here. Also, there was no line...woohooo! Thats unheard of! Anyway, I made a photo montage of my day. I spared you the sight of my pincushioned rashy arms though.

The canadian's job will not start next week, but the week after. The shifts are 7-7 so he wont be getting home until 7:30 or 8 am. I dont think the dogs will wait that long when I get up at 5:30. But I have a plan now so all is well.


later

5 Comments:

Blogger Zambo said...

Hi Mel.

Hopefully you're feeling alright after your long day at the hospital...without eating.

I'm glad you have a plan...and that you got to get some things done that you wouldn't have otherwise.

Take care!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

P.S.
I haven't thought of any good rewards...Sorry.

10:05 PM  
Blogger nicki said...

hope you're doin good mel :) its great that your boss told you not to bother comin in :) i love it when that happens :) hope yer arms are feelin better sooon..rashies suck..sometimes i break out in hives..and it drives me CRAAAZY. *hugs*

6:03 PM  
Blogger Spider Walk said...

Hi Mel,
I love the pic! Adore the shoes even more :)

I am so sorry to hear that things are going so badly for you. Keep your chin up kiddo...it's always the darkest before the dawn.

Were you able to even walk after they took ten viles of blood?

You poor thing...I feel terrible for you. So much going on for ya.

I may not make here to post often, but I do read ya and think of you oftern girlie :)

Hugs,
SW

12:19 PM  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

Nice montage!

I'm glad you didn't have to go in to work. :)

4:17 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

If you didn't get out of there until after 2 p.m., I am glad they said don't worry about work. Those tests make me tired anyway.

I hate having to fast, but it is nice when you can eat afterwards.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home