Wednesday, February 08, 2006


Selfishness......

A co worker told me I was selfish yesterday. See, there is an ex coworker that had quit and we have been trying since Decemeber to get together with her. Anyway, I called her and set up the time and the resturant and her and I were going out but I also told the others at work (but NOT the bosses) so they could come if they wanted to. This one other coworker, called other people and asked a bunch of people to come too. She kinda took over, which was ok I guess. But she is POed because I had already chose a restuarant last week when I was setting this up before she got involved. Bottom line is I guess she does not want to go there. She came over to my desk and said I was selfish and only thinking of myself. Well, yeah, I didnt know wthe whole world was coming! I dunno, I have thought about not going at all but then that would give her satisfaction. I do know I will never ever ask a group of people again. Someone had as their blog topic Mean People suck yesterday....how true!!

I had all kinds of issues with my new cell phone yesterday, it is so different that what I am used to. LOL I didnt bring the book and could not figure out how to get it off speaker phone. I dont even know how I got it on there LOL! But I think I am taming the technological beast. I have 15 days to decide if I am keeping this so I want to be sure. BUT the best thing is I am in my daughters network now and she called me last night (boyfriend issues), and we talked for 1/2 hour for free! Now she call me when she wants. See, in the past, she rarely called and her excuse was she could only call on her dads cell phone. Then she got a phone for christmas but would only call on nights or weekends. I am just thrilled she called me at 7 on a tuesday for no reason! Now to get my son a phone in this network.

Later

6 Comments:

Blogger Not this time said...

a) Yes. Co-worker/evil dictator is a jerk. You are not. She's got her head up her ass and doesn't seem to understand that these plans were in formation long before she decided she would begin her hostile takeover.

2) Awwww... it's awesome to be able to chit-chat with your daughter, I'm sure. I know I love the talks with my mum, you know, like now that she's not busy cleaning my diapers and we're sort of two real people that like to talk... like equals.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Spider Walk said...

Doesn't that just burn your ass when someone steps in and takes over YOUR plans?? I would say SHE is the one who is selfish and may I add that I think she is also very RUDE!! Please don't stay home Mel. Go on out and talk real loud about how happy it makes you that you picked the PERFECT place for all of you to gather.

It sounds like a nice phone plan you have. Free minutes are always a good thing! I bet your daughter is happy you switched too ;)

9:35 AM  
Blogger nicki said...

mean people DO suck...phooooey!! don't stay home...go go go!! have a great time..and just know in the back of yer head what a knob your co-worker is...and if she was this way to you....she was probably the same way to other people..and you won't be alone in thinking what you're thinking....man...does that even make sense??? hahaha

12:34 PM  
Blogger Zambo said...

Hey Mel.

Sorry to hear that your co-worker is a prick.

It's like they say, "No good deed goes unpunished"...I find that whenever I try to do something nice or help some one out, that it often comes back to haunt somehow too...

Keep your head up, kid. Go to the event and spend time with your former co-worker...All else is secondary.

Take care, Mel.

Your Pal,

Zambo.

3:29 PM  
Blogger kimber said...

While mean people suck, they make the rest of us (like you, willing to organize a party) look really really good.... Please please please go, and don't be discouraged by your vile co-worker's pissy demeanour!

11:56 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

It sounds like you did all the work and she wanted all the praise for it. And you can't please everyone.

It is great that you can talk to your daughter. I am trying to get my parents to go on Verizon so we can talk mobile to mobile. Verizon is better where I am. Cingular use to be better where they are.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home