Tuesday, February 14, 2006


Surviving Valentines day....

Alot of people complain about valentines as commercialized, or that it makes those who are single have a bad day. None of that relates to me. I just try to survive. Valentines days is cursed for me, and I really dont know why. Example....3 years ago on valentines I was walking my Wylie. She was a puppy then but she was full size (about 50 lbs) . The grass was wet it had been raining. Hubby pulled into the driveway and as soon as she saw him she took off. 45 miles an hour is how fast they can go and get to that speed in some cases in 2 strides. I believe it. My feet slipped and she dragged me onto the concrete drive chin first. First time in my life I ever passed out. I had a lovely trip to the Er to get 7 stitches and treated for a concussion. Other valentines night...I wake up unable to breath. The start of my heart failure incident. Another valentines. I fall down 2 flights of steps...backwards. (dont ask). So when valentines comes around I dont sweat the tokens of affection, I am sweating waiting to see what is going to happen this year! I didnt have long to wait. I woke up at 3 am this morning in terrible pain. I know that pain. Its a lovely bladder infection for valentines. Haha, though, the tables are turned on you evil valentines day...I have drugs left over from my last bout with this!!! I have beaten the VD demon. I think I am going to bed now though, I dont want to press my luck any further.

My pink phone was my present and a sweet sappy card. AWWWW. Mailed my kids choxie candies from target...they love candy. Stuffgirl thrives on sugar. My son will eat pretty much anything thats not tied down. Perfect gifts for them. I got the canadian his very own black bluetooth as he was lusting after my pink one. That bluetooth is awesome. look ma no hands!

Later........

9 Comments:

Blogger Zambo said...

Hey Mel.

I'm glad you were able to combat the VD curse this year.

Also, I'm glad you got the pink phone that you wanted.

In terms of how men think, I would refer you to that famous line from "As Good as it Gets", except reverse it:

Receptionist: How do you write women so well?
Melvin Udall: I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability.

(So, according to this, think of a woman...and add reason and accountability...It's not 100%, but I thought it might be good for a chuckle or...women everywhere will hate me)...

Take care, Mel!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Oh, you scared me! I thought you were going to tell a sad story about your grey. Sorry you got hurt, but glad the dog was ok!!!!

Happy V day!

11:46 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

NOt only was Wylie ok, but I had her leash firmly still wrapped around my wrist when I came to. I am proud I didnt let go!

Zambo, I remember that line..what a great movie! But that character had some serious issues LOL!

5:12 AM  
Blogger Spider Walk said...

Hope you're feeling better today Mel. That really sucks that something terrible happens to you EVERY VD...I would tell you to just stay in bed, but apparently you're not safe from the VD demon there either!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Not this time said...

Holy crap! You ain't kidding about bad things happening on Valentine's Day (I can't use the acroynm, for it reminds me of venereal disease.)

Here's to a Venereal Disease free Valentine's Day!

4:54 PM  
Blogger nicki said...

awwww the VD demon sucks :(

5:25 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Wow and I thought I had moments..Glad to hear your Valentines Day was " safe".

9:12 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

You do have some awful VD luck. I may be sharing a UTI with you. Still waiting out one more day to make sure and dousing myself with cranberry juice in the meantime. Hope you get pain free soon.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Ok, until I read the comments I was thinking, "I didn't know a bladder infection was a venereal disease." *smack*

I hope you are feeling better! Maybe you should make your own V-day by making it some other day. Sweetest Day is in September. Have you had any problems like this in September?

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home