Sunday, February 12, 2006

John Lennon musings.......

They had a beatles block of music on the oldies station today. It made me think of John Lennon and what a waste that he died at 40. I came home and read up him. I really didnt know that much about him. I wasa born in 1960 and the beatles were just there. I was too young to know what their music meant. I liked it ok but they played them constantly so I guess I took them for granted. Listening back I realize how genius his music was. But get this...he was a wife beater! Geez I did NOT know that....he who championed peace. I understand he regretted this later in life but still. I read quotes from him where he admitted it. People who are genuises though usually have problems . Also he was addicted to herion. I didnt know that either, although I knew he did drugs, I think they all did.

They are filming a movie about the guy that shot him. I think this is awful, for once I agree with Yoko. They actually filmed outside the Dakota., where she still lives. That Chapman guy is getting the attention he wanted. sad.

On the phone front...I got the pink phone and its so purdy!! I also got a pink case and a pink bluetooth headset. I love the phone but there is a problem with the time on it...it keeps locking up. There is a software fix and I spent most of the day in Verizon trying to get it fixed. I was there for like 3 hours, and I was tired and grumpy when they told me for some reason they couldnt complete the download and I would have to bring it back another day. I wasnt happy. Bt what can you do? It works good and I used the hell out of it today (free weekends I call my parents and relatives) so I guess all is well. The canadian offered to take it back on his day off, thank goodness I just dont think I could face that place again this week. It was sooooo busy and the lines were awful. Maybe phones are the valentine of choice this year?? Oh...one great thing was I got a $100 trade in credit and $100 mail in rebate so it really was cheaper than my other phone.

Its late and I hope the spelling is right in this.... OH I had a picture of Lennons blood splattered glasses but it wont let me post pics tonight.

Later

2 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

yea you got think pink phone. You will always remember you got it near valentines day.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I was reading about him also. I read that Yoko arranged for him to have an affair with her assistant, whose name is famous but I don't remember it. Then she arranged for them to "break-up" a year later, but he still loved the assistant.

I was only 8 years old when he died though.

And I am glad that you didn't post the glasses. That would creep me out.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home