Monday, March 27, 2006

I can't post pictures again.

I was going to post some dog pictures but I guess I will save that for another day. Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble?

I heard the new song by the Dixie Chicks yesterday. I am not a fan of country music. its all my parents ever listened to and I had it beat into me for years. There is some awesome country music out there but really I just choose to listen to rock or alternative. But I have always like the Dixie chicks. I think its because I just love women singers better than men. Not sure why, maybe it easier to sing along with a women? Anyway, I am sure everyone knows they dissed President Bush at the beginning of the war and lost fans, concert dates and mucho money because of what they said. Here is an article that goes into more detail http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/03/27/music.dixiechicks.ap/

Anyway, their new song is Not ready to make nice. Great song! I admire them so much for taking the stand they have. They could have given into the record company's pressures and all the other pressure and back down and become wimpy mealy mouthed women. They would still be on top Probably if they did that but they have chosen to stand by their convictions as you tell in the song. I hope they do well with it. I am not saying I admire what they said but I admire they didnt give in and crumble. Here is a link to their website it will automatically play that song if you wanna here it.

http://www.dixiechicks.com/

later... hopefully with pictures!

7 Comments:

Blogger blackcrag said...

I had the same problemm, Mel. I tried to add a photo to my last blog and it wouldn't load up, no matter what.

I like Dixie Chicks, and while I don't like country music much, I listen to it more and more because it's about the only music that still has rythm and melody.

And I too, listen to more female country singers than male... Brooks and Dunn and Paul Brancdt being the only males I'll listen too.

Look at me, I'm just a bundle of agreement here. Where did all my contrariness go?

9:40 PM  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

Yeah, I had the photo problem too a few days ago.

As for the Dixie Chicks, I like their spirit as well as their music.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Zambo said...

Hi Mel.

I guess freedom to express one's views comes with certain consequences. I admire people in the spotlight who speak out against the things they don't agree with, even if it affects their popularity (except Bono)...Yes men really irk me and bandwaggoning annoys me too.

I hope you're able to post pix soon.

Take care, Mel!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

11:52 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I had the problem too. I wanted to post pics but blogger seemed to be in a foul mood again.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

I like them too,alot:)

3:39 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Yep blogger has been a pain for me too. I thought it was ridiculous with the whole GW thing. I guess it was just because lots of their fans are from the south. I said the same thing to a cabby in DC once. I was always getting comments to take him back home with me. I don’t want him either.

3:42 PM  
Blogger keeks said...

Yep, I've had lots of problems with Blogger lately too.

I can't say I'm a big fan of the Dixie Chicks, but good for them for standing up for themselves.

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home