Saturday, March 25, 2006

I have a problem with books.

I have so many books, way too many. They are taking over. I keep them mostly in the spare bedroom where they are on the bookshelves, stacked on the floor, on the desk. Literally everywhere. Well, the Canadians mom is coming for a visit soon and the Canadian has decreed the books have to go. *sigh* See, he bought paint and would like to fix that room up so WWW has somewhere nice to stay while she is here. I call her WWW after wicked witch of the west....NOT because she is wicked...she is actually a wonderful mother in law and I love her but her name was the same name as the actress who played the wicked witch in the Wizard of Oz and so thats why. Anyway,I digress. (hehe...I always wanted to say that!!!!) I packed up 2 big bags of paperback books and took them to the used bookstore today. Hubby will have to help with the hardbacks but I havent even made a dent in them yet! The bookstore smelled so good, I am very strange I LOVE the smell of old books. Anyway, I came home and just went on bamm.com and ordered 3 more books!!!!!!!!!!! ack!!!! So you see, I really think I have a problem. I need an intervention....after I read some more.

Later

9 Comments:

Blogger keeks said...

Lol, you have a problem, but it's a good one!

Whenever I spend too much on books I always rationalize it by saying "at least I'm doing something good"...no one can be faulted for reading as far as I'm concerned!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

LOL,you're so cute!
I am book crazy too but my thing is the library and fines,I just don't take my books back on time.
I've probably paid over 1000 dollars in fines,in the past 5 years.
Hee,no,no intervention,what you need are more bookshelves;p

3:55 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I have the same problem, Mel. I have about 22 books currently on my "to be read" list not counting the overflowing bookcase. It's hard for me to part with them. :)

btw- I stopped in by way of Beady's blog. :)

4:31 PM  
Blogger Tai said...

I, too, love the smell of old books and old bookstores.
Books are SUCH a vital part of my life, and I figure if having too many books is the worst problem in my life, I'm doing just fine!

Cheers to a fellow bibliophile!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I have enough unread books that I shouldn't have to buy another book
for years. I think buying books may be as much as reading them.

BTW, this is my first time here.I think you have a great blog.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Zambo said...

Hey Mel.

I can relate to your problem. I've got a little pile of books everywhere I spend any amount of time...(bathroom, nightstand, desk, living room)...Plus I've got several boxes and Rubbermaid containers in the basement that I have yet to unpack...Yet I would never get rid of them...Gotta get some more bookshelves...

We just went through our DVD collection and re-alphabetized them this morning...we got a new shelf yesterday...That took a few hours...But it looks a lot neater than it did before.

Take care, Mel!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

12:06 PM  
Blogger nicki said...

old books smell GREEEEAT! i love it toooo!!!!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

I love keeping books too. Now way I could let them go.

psssttt I like the smell of bookstores too. Don't tell anyone though :)

10:17 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I have the same problem. Books in the bedroom, books in the kitchen on a huge shelf, books in my craft room, hell I have books in storage in Missouri. I luv books!!

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home