Saturday, April 15, 2006

DOOR OF DOOM!

The mom in law is flying in today, supposed to be this morning but they delayed her flight so now its like 1:30 pm. We have been in a flurry of activity cleaning and getting ready. Its hard cuz we are still renovating. We will be renovating forever I think but hubby would rather do it himself. Anyway lots more to be done.

I got the best package EVER from my wonderful secret pal yesterday!! I have to use my camera phone for now but I will get a pic of all the goodies! I will give a hint...one item is pink and has feathers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drinking less is hard but I think it may be working! Its hard because in the heat I want to drink lots of water and the highs have been in the upper 80s the last few days. So far today I have had 1 pint of water. I can have 4. I almost blew it yesterday. The convenience store near where we live sells Alligator Ice..also known as Parrot Ice. They are thick slushies, thicker than Slurpees and I LOVE them!! I came so close to treating myself when I stopped in to get hubby's ciggys. I feel like I deserve a treat for getting his cigerettes, everyone in town knows I had heart failure and they all must think I am killing myself smoking when I buy them for him but I dont smoke and never have. But their machine that makes the alligator ice was down. BOOO! So I didnt get to be bad.

I took that picture yesterday...its the back of my office building at work. I have always wondered about that second floor door that leads NO where! The second floor is an apartment kinda with a bedroom and the owners office is up there. I would be scared I would sleep walk out that door in the middle of night thinking it was a bathroom or something!! Anyway, the flowers are blooming on the wrought ice fence so I thought it would be a cool picture. A look into my every day life LOL!

Later

8 Comments:

Blogger keeks said...

I'm already jealous of your MIL hehehe... and that door is creepy!

10:02 PM  
Blogger Zambo said...

Hi Mel!

I hope all is going well and that your mother-in-law brought you some Tim Horton's coffee...

I've been out of things for a while, but I'm slowly getting caught up...

Please let us know how the pies turned out too.

Did you receive a flamingo by any chance?

Take care out there, Mel!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

P.S.
I drink lots when I'm in heat too...Good luck!

2:12 AM  
Blogger Spider Walk said...

I can't tell you how many old victorian houses around where I live have doors off the back of the upper floors....leading nowhere! I have NEVER been able to figure out why or what they are for?

I hope you have a great visit with your MIL!

Happy Easter

9:20 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Those are beautiful flowers. Thanks for sharing!

12:00 PM  
Blogger L said...

Door of doom now that is funny.
I am guessing a flamingo with a boa on. ;)
Happy Easter.

5:40 PM  
Blogger nicki said...

Happy Easter Mel :) Hope the visit goes ok :)

7:57 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

All the drinking talk is making my mouth get dry. Maybe you should try sucking ice cubes. The alligator ice sounds good.

Good luck with mom.

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noted with interest your comment about "The convenience store near where we live sells Alligator Ice..also known as Parrot Ice."

Please, Please, Please understand that Alligator Ice and that other name you mention are NOT the same product in any way shape or form. Alligator Ice is the BEST and most premium slush product on the market with only the best ingredients available. Spill some Alligator Ice on a white blouse and it WILL wash out in the washing machine with NO STAINS. Try that with the "OTHER" product, or any other slush drink for that matter and you WILL have stains.

Please don't confuse Alligator Ice with any other brand. It IS the BEST and there are no others that compare.

Glad you enjoy it!!!

JC

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home