Sunday, April 09, 2006


A really really close call...

Yesterday we went to a 40th surprise birthday party for a good friend, and it was really fun. All the 40 jokes, signs that said "danger falling body parts" and all joke gifts. The joke was on all us though, the cake had black icing and we were all looking like hillbillies with black teeth for a few hours! The best thing was Hubby and I went together. With this new job, i never see him anymore. But I am not complaining I know he has to work and frankly i like all my stuff that costs money. But it was nice to go somewhere together and see all our "peeps". Oh and he didnt tell me we had to leave early to drop off a new moniter for a customer for his computer business and I had taken my lasix so my legs wouldnt be so swollen. I dont know why I bother anymore, the lasix really doesnt seem to work like it used to for the swelling but anyway we had to stop 4 times on the way for me to pee! Hubby didnt complain or anything I guess he is used to it by now.

But my close call was today....and it was really close and scared the crap outta me. The neighborhood I live in is a u shape so alot of people use it to walk, like a walking track kinda. Its an older neighborhood and we moved in it was mostly seniors, but as time moves on alot on them have passed on or moved to nursing homes and younger families have moved in. So I should know better, I should know that people are always walking there. But today I get in my car around 2;30 to go get groceries. Its quiet and most of the church traffic has died off by then (this is SC, there is a church on every corner and when you are new to the area the first question people ask is what church do you go to? I dont go so they all think we are heathens but I refuse to be a hypocrite like so many "upstanding" members of churches I have attended) and I look in the rearview mirror to my left and to my right, no cars. So I back up and almost hit a couple of the walkers!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean it was so close I dont know how I didnt hit them! I was stunned because I never saw them, heard them or anything. I couldnt say I was sorry I just sat there with a stupid look my face. The man just looked and me and shook his head, the woman was as stunned as I was. I had to move there was a car behind me but I know I scared the crap outta those people! If I had hit them I would never drive again. I hate to drive anyway and avoid it if I can.

Anyway I am staying in the rest of the day where I cant kill anyone with a car.......

Later

4 Comments:

Blogger nicki said...

YIPES!! that was a close call!! i hate when i do shit like that:(

8:42 PM  
Blogger Spider Walk said...

Glad to hear you and your sweetie got a change to hang with your peeps :)

I am always paranoid about backing up too. I have had some pretty darn close near misses myself. I know exactly how you feel.

10:36 PM  
Blogger keeks said...

Hehe...I can just imagine the black teeth... we used vitamin A capsules once instead of vitame E for lip balm... makes you look like you've been drinking carrot juice.

That was a close call, hate those, makes your heart skip a beat!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Yikes! I have walker in my area to and backed into them but never that close. Maybe they just learned to get out of the way. haha

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home