Thursday, June 15, 2006


"I've had a wonderful evening, but this wasn't it"...Groucho Marx

I love Groucho, I wish I could have met him, he has the best quotes around. Anyway. I survived the test. It was BAD people. They dont give you any kind of drugs because it would interfer with the test results. What I had was a nerve conduction velocity test and Electromyography. The second one was the bad one. They stick needles in your muscles and stimulate them with electricity to see how the muscle and nerve function is. I think its going to be bad news though. He was only going to my right leg, and he said for me to lay with my left side against the wall because he wasnt going to test that side. So he did my right leg, then he does my right arm even though I have no arm complaints. Then he said he was going to let me rest a few minutes and come back and do the left side. I said to him "you said you werent going to do the left side" and he said " well I wasn't but I changed my mind". He also kept asking me if I was cholesteral medication (I am not). He wouldnt tell me anything, he said he would let my doctor (he was a doc but not mine) explain the test results. So Now I wait. My doc was booked up until August so the receptionst is going to call me to see if they fit me in sooner. It was a rough, if I had any government secrets I would have spilled them yesterday LOL.

I still dont know anything more on the wedding couple, but I did find out they were supposed to go Charleston for thie honeymoon...if they did that was another bad start for the marriage as Charleston was drenched by Alberto this week! We had one day of bad weather and then it was gone here.

Poody said I should try to put the sleeping mask on my dog. I tried it with Wylie and she did NOT like it, you would have thought I was trying to kill her. She would have no part of it and the pic is her afterward giving me digusted looks. I tried Poody!

Later

11 Comments:

Blogger kattbanjo said...

hope you feel better soon. I love your dogs! they are soo cute!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Feel better soon! - and I'm sure they will get you in before August....they have to.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Spider Walk said...

Booked until August?
I think I would find a new doctor.
I hope the results come back quickly for you. There is nothing worse than waiting for a phone call from your Dr. with important news.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

Hope you feel better soon.

If I were you, I would DEMAND that they give you an early appointment. Waiting for answers really sucks.

9:42 AM  
Blogger S* said...

I'm with everyone else. Demand an appointment ASAP or find another doc. You can't sit around and wait to hear about your nerves and muscles!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Zambo said...

Hey Mel.

I'm glad you were able to get that over with. Sounds like it would be quite painful.

I hope whatever is troubling you is easily treatable.

Take care out there!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

I agree with eveyone else. See if you can get you in sooner. xoxoxoxoxo

p.s.read your post below. Liz is sweet. :)

2:04 PM  
Blogger L said...

Feel better soon Mel, you should be on the phone everyday until they give you the results.

She looks real pissed in the picture.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Booked until August! I wouldn't wait that long. That is two months away!

I had a bladder infection one time, and they didn't want to see me for 6 weeks. I asked them to recommend another doctor, and amazingly enough, an appointment suddenly opened. It is ridiculous to have to wait, especially if your heart troubles you.

Your dog is so cute!! I just want to pet her all over.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Hope it turns out to be okay.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Oh no! Love that pic. I get those eyes all the time!

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home