Monday, July 03, 2006


All the fireworks your kids ask for!

this was an ad on TV this morning for a local fireworks retailer. Somehow that disturbed me, fireworks are dangerous and here they are legal in the deep south, and they are being promoted to children? I know I know only responsible adults should handle fireworks but did I mention I live in the deep south???? enuff said. I have heard stories from nurses thay have worked the ER about july 4th and busy they are, so if you have some fireworks be very very careful!

Later

5 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

unfortunately yes and I moved to here!!! Was I crazy? Yup.

6:19 PM  
Blogger kattbanjo said...

the er is gonna be busy!

8:16 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

I rememeber the first time I saw them on sale in a regular grocery store in DC. I couldn't believe my eyes. We still have to drive out of city limits and find a suspect looking stand on the side of the road. And then the state has a ban on lighting them because of the drought.

12:26 AM  
Blogger Me said...

As I'm reading this I can hear fireworks in every direction around here. Nice.

8:54 PM  
Blogger EJL said...

They are illegal here in MD. I like it that way. Last year we had a bit of a drought and neighbors lit them off over our house into the woods...with a new baby I was freaking out!!! I thought for sure there would be a fire.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home