Monday, July 03, 2006


All the fireworks your kids ask for!

this was an ad on TV this morning for a local fireworks retailer. Somehow that disturbed me, fireworks are dangerous and here they are legal in the deep south, and they are being promoted to children? I know I know only responsible adults should handle fireworks but did I mention I live in the deep south???? enuff said. I have heard stories from nurses thay have worked the ER about july 4th and busy they are, so if you have some fireworks be very very careful!

Later

6 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

You're right, all these fireworks stands pop up this time of year in the same places that the christmas tree lots pop up in December.

I have never, ever, understood the appeal of fireworks.

You don't happen to live in upstate SC, do you? That's where we lived (until we got the hell out of Dodge) LOL

4:26 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

unfortunately yes and I moved to here!!! Was I crazy? Yup.

6:19 PM  
Blogger kattbanjo said...

the er is gonna be busy!

8:16 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I rememeber the first time I saw them on sale in a regular grocery store in DC. I couldn't believe my eyes. We still have to drive out of city limits and find a suspect looking stand on the side of the road. And then the state has a ban on lighting them because of the drought.

12:26 AM  
Blogger me said...

As I'm reading this I can hear fireworks in every direction around here. Nice.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Ellie said...

They are illegal here in MD. I like it that way. Last year we had a bit of a drought and neighbors lit them off over our house into the woods...with a new baby I was freaking out!!! I thought for sure there would be a fire.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home