Sunday, September 24, 2006


The bird invasion!

Last week we had a bat in the basement and yesterday a bird got in the breakfast nook. Maybe she was looking for breakfast? Hubby snapped a couple of pictures before opening the door and she flew away. It was exciting, I guess you had to be here LOL. The dogs were CLUELESS that some other animal was in the house. Some kind of watch dogs huh? They bark at the neighbors who they see every day thru the windows but some wild critter gets in and they snooze.

Hubby was off yesterday, its the first day we have had off together in 3 weeks. So I took my shower early yesterday...haha he was not going anywhere without moi! Sure enough at 9 we went to go install a wireless network for a client. This is a nice lady that Hubby used to work with, I enjoyed visiting with her. I found out she watches project Runway too and we had a long discussion on the merits of the designers and who should win. We both hate Jeffery and we both want Michael to win. GO Michael!!

Then hubby and I went to the Waffle house for breakfast, to lowes and petsmart and back home where he worked on the kitchen floor the rest of the day. Its almost done, he has some grouting left and then has to seal it. Pictures to come later. The black grout looks good with the red brick colored tiles, I wasnt sure it was going to look good but it does.

But today he is back at work. But next weekend he is off all weekend right now. Hopefully if he takes an overtime shift he does it while I am working too. I am home alone with the dogs and a mound of laundry that is bigger than me. How did that happen?????

Later

7 Comments:

Blogger Doctor Momâ„¢ said...

Hey Mel!

Here voting for you girl!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Oh gosh, I would totally freak out with a bird in the house!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Doctor Momâ„¢ said...

Hi Miss Mel
Back voting
You're busy today
BE hasn't been very nice to me in the battles, so I'm taking a break just to vote for others

2:01 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

While Mel and Hubby were installing the wireless network for the nice lady, everyone at lowes, petsmart and the waffle house nipped over and left their washing for Mel. The bird was trained by the local SEAL team to recon in preparation for the laundry attack.

The Bat was just lost.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

I knew that Bird was a spy!!

Sans, you are just too funny!! I thought the laundry smelled like Lumber, Waffles and pets. But thats just the normal smells here so I didnt suspect a thing!

Fab, actually I got eggs and bacon, and hash browns. mmmmmmmmm!

Mom, I keep up the battles even though I am getting beat. I figure, win or lose it generates traffic. Its nice to win though!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

A bird in the house? I would freak out!

10:12 PM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

New here! Love your blog~

Better a bird than another bat! That's funny the dogs didn't even flinch.
Oh, and I LOVE project Runway too. Like you, I despise Jeffery, and really think Michael deserves to win!

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home