Sunday, June 17, 2007

First fathers day without a father
Yeah, it sucks. I think that's why I have been so emotional lately.. Anyway, happy fathers day to all you dads out there and if you still have your dad make sure you tell him how much he means to you. I know some people had fathers that were lousy. I was blessed. My dad was not flawless, he was a mean drunk but luckily he didn't drink that much. He hated my dogs. He loved cats though, go figure. But he loved me completely, and never made me feel bad about who I was, was there for me when no one else was.

The picture, was taken in the early 50's. He served in Korea, I believe this picture was taken on the way over or from there. I had a time with this, I took a picture of a picture and I can not figure out how to turn my flash off. But i was able to fix it some with paint shop. It looks OK, so maybe I will try some more pictures of pictures. LOL If I had a scanner it would be easier but hey I work with what I have :)

I was still dizzy this morning when I got up but it seems better now so I may take myself to a movie. Hubby is working and I wanna see Knocked up.

Later

8 Comments:

Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Glad you are feeling better!

I have to remember to call my Grandma today -this is her first father's day without Grandpa...for 60 years she's had him around...so I can only imagine how difficult today will be for you!

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better girl and sorry about having to deal with "Father's Day" without your father.

Trish and I went to see Knocked Up last weekend....it was ok but I hope you enjoyed it!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

Dads may not be perfect, but we love them anyway. Least that's how I think of my own dad.

That picture of your father...he looks eerily like my own dad in the fifties. Though of course it looks like your father had dark hair and my dad was a carrot-top. Must be the hairstyle and glasses. Still...very similar.

(By the way, the good news that I hinted at on my blog the other day...my best friend Tai got engaged. And she is marrying another very good friend of mine. Double happiness!) :)

11:20 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

I am glad you are feeling a bit better. And having to go through the first Father's Day with out your dad has to be rough. My thoughts are with you.

12:13 AM  
Blogger Jose said...

But remember just because he is not here doesn't mean you can't wish him a happy Father's Day. I am sure your dad will be OK as long as you are OK. Since my dad left us almost four years ago let's wish them together a Happy Father's Day.

4:25 AM  
Blogger poody said...

I have a scanner and still cannot figure it out! I spelt all day yesterday in between seeing patients.How was the movie?

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the picture of your dad. No one is perfect but a dad's love is....

I hope you do a review of the movie. I'd been kind of wanting to see it but not so sure :)

10:31 AM  
Blogger Me said...

I love old pictures! If you have a Kinko's near you, I think they can scan pictures.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home