Saturday, June 30, 2007


No invite for me....

But its all good, I have been very busy pricking my fingers, learning the difference between good and bad carbs. I am also hungry all the time, which makes NO sense because I am eating. I think its just the fact I know I shouldn't eat certain things. I have never ever done well on diets. I mean I have lost weight on diets but mentally I just don't want to feel deprived. I mean, I cant drink Alcohol,don't smoke (no biggie I despise smoking yuk), I cant get a tattoo, I cant give blood. Now I cant have my beloved fruit juice or my banana pops!! I have found a low sugar banana pop, I'll let you know what I think. Anyway, I don't diet well so think of me. And this weekend with me alone (hubby is on nights and sleeps during the day)I am bored and I wanna snack. Luckily I can still have my popcorn wooohooo!

Does anyone else watch Big Love? I have blogged about this show before. I hate the concept of sharing a husband (no way could I ever do that) but this show has me hooked. I don't want to like it but I do.



Later

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with it girl!!

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same here Mel! I must say, I love popcorn too. I gave up beer last week, it's been about 5 days. Sorry about the no-invite. You're welcome to come over here anytime... let me know and I'll have the popcorn ready.

2:20 PM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

I was hungry all the time when I had my gestational diabetes. But what's strange was before I knew I had it, I would eat and eat, feel full for about 5 minutes, and then feel like I was starving to death. The more I ate, the hungirer I got. I felt like I was a bottomless pit...but I was eating so much that even when I felt I was starving I felt so sick. I didn't know it at the time, but that was a sure-tell sign of diabetes. So no matter how little or how much you eat, you'll always feel hungry! Go figure!

Tell me how the low-sugar nana-pops are...they sound yummy. Do they have a sugar substitue in the them?

2:20 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

I think you'll need to look for the sugar alcohols in food when they are "sugar Free/fat free" Sometimes the regular item is better for you - just have to really watch your serving sizes. (I think that is what a dietitian told me when Mr. Incredible was really sick this past year and we had no clue what was going on)

We watch Big Love - it was one of those, didn't want to watch it or like it, but we do.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Jose said...

I may have to start dieting and watching what I eat soon. I went to the doctor for a physical and they want to see me on Tuesdays to give me the results. Last physical I had was over four years ago. So just hang in there and be ready as I may be asking you for advise on how to diet.

3:22 AM  
Blogger Doctor Momâ„¢ said...

Hey Mel--
I have seen this show only once while in PA with my friend. I'm a little stymied by the whole concept.

I know that in many countries this is a way of life. I do not condemn it, but fail to completely understand it. The argument is that men were not created to be monogamous, but to spread their seed among many. In some countries the greater the number of women, the more wealthy you are.

Perhaps I am incredibly selfish, but I wonder how he can keep them all happy...especially the youngest wife who is fooling around with the oldest son in the pool.

9:31 AM  
Blogger poody said...

I love Big Love! It is one of the best shows on Tv I think I am so glad it is back!Try Blue Bunny they have good sugar free ice cream and pops.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

My husband and I joined Weight Watchers, which was very similar to the diet the hosptial recommended for his diabetes.

I don't think I could do carbs. It always sounds restrictive to me. I hope it works for you!

5:21 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

I have a hard time with restricting what I can't eat. You tell me I can't eat something and immediately I want it! Diets are really hard for me without real motivation, like when I got married or if I needed to change due to my health. And even then I cut corners. I am really bad.

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home