Sunday, July 08, 2007


Part of the twisty road.
Leaves of three leave them be!!
I wanted to buy this place:
Driving in the mountains

On July 4, I lucked out and hubby was off! We went for a drive in the mountains, we went to Brevard NC where we planned to have lunch but there was a festival downtown and everywhere was was packed! So we ended up eating fresh (subway) but we still had a nice drive. I was looking for a place where we could get some good pictures but the road we were on didn't have many places you could stop. Its a twisty road that Bikers like. Hubby went back on his bike after we got home to ride that twisty road. Where were was part of the Eastern continental divide! LOL I feel like I really went somewhere. Anyway, here are some pics they are lousy but its all I was able to get.

Later

14 Comments:

Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Love winding twisty roads, you never know where you will end up!

12:00 AM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

Man, that poison ivy makes me itchy just looking at it. I suffer for it so easily I am sure I will be inflicted just by viewing it here on your blog!

2:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, this post just reminded me:
When I was a kid, mom took a friend and me to Cape Cod for a weekend, to my grandparent's house. We were flying kites at a cove just down from the house, and our kites landed in some bushes. They were tall bushes, and we were short kids, so mom went into the bushes to retrieve our kites. What we didn't know is that the place was also filled with poison ivy. She was covered with it, and spent the rest of the weekend soaking in a medicated tub... hahahaaa!! Sucked to be her.

5:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, at least it wasn't me..

5:07 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

hahaha Dick! Your poor mom! I dont think I am allergic, I was almost standing in the stuff and nothing. But I know how bad it can be from working at a dermatagist's office. People would come in with it in their eyes! ouch!

Your mom sounds great though.

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah. She put up with aLOT.

6:03 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Great pics!

10:56 AM  
Blogger poody said...

sounds like fun !I am not allergic to poison ivy either! We are related!!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

nice drive....

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love back road and just seeing where you'll end up :)

1:21 PM  
Blogger People in the Sun said...

I had poison ivy last year. It was one of the most traumatic experiences in my life, having to go to job interviews and talk about stupid stuff when all I could think of and all I wanted to do was scratch... Everything now looks like poison ivy to me.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Those are the best sort of trips, riding on unknown, twisting roads that wind and bend and are full of wonderous things. Sounds perfect, Mel!

Go buy that house in picture 3. :)

10:15 AM  
Blogger mixednut said...

Beautiful scenery.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I hope you had a nice relaxing time. Those are some beautiful pictures.

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home