Sunday, August 12, 2007


WHY is it that no matter how much sunscreen I apply, I always miss ONE spot??

I really don't have much to blog about today. Yesterday Hubby and I rode the wing up to Table Rock. It was cooler in the mountains but not by much. It was HOT. We ate at Aunt Sue's, one of my favorite places :) Their fries are the best fries around. I am not supposed to eat them but I cant resist theirs, they are perfectly cooked and crispy outside yet soft inside. So I had to have some. I was bad, but I only ate about 12 of them, I took small bites to make them last.

It has cooled off a little bit here, only 95 today, way more reasonable than those triple digits we have been having. I grew up in the south and I
don't remember all this triple digit heat. Maybe Al Gore is right about global warming. Lynda mentioned desert winds on her blog a few days ago and I was reminded yesterday when the wind was so hot it took your breath away. I have never been to the desert (with a horse no name or not hahaha, I couldn't resist) but I bet the desert winds feel like that.

Later

6 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

It's been too damn hot here too. No triple digit temps, but mid 90's with super high humidity, so it's miserable.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

hot desert wind drys out your nostrils so bad they bleed.

3:51 PM  
Blogger BlondeBlogger said...

Pssst...head on over to my blog. I have a surprise for you. :)

12:49 AM  
Blogger poody said...

Yep this is the time of the year for triple digits alright. Sounds like a great time was had by all.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

It's 50ºF here and has been raining for 36 hours. A typical Scottish summer!

5:29 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

Come here and experience some desert winds for yourself! You're always welcome. :)

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home