Sunday, August 19, 2007

Riding!

Yesterday we took the Gold Wing out, we went to a town about 45 minutes from home. It is a known tourist spot with lots of antique stores and eating Establishments. It was hot, not as hot as last week but pretty close. Since I didn't have my walker I wasn't able to walk around as much as I would liked but it was still a nice trip. Here are some pictures.


This is just a deserted house we passed on the way. There are lots of old abandoned buildings here in SC, I love taking pictures of them. In Virginia were I am from, youdon't see this as much. There are laws and pretty much anything condemned is torn down or the owners of the land have huge fines to pay.
This is part of the main square where all the action is :)I am not sure what this is a monument too, probably something about the civil war.

How much is that kitty in the window? This is Gracie, one of the cats that live in this antique store.
It was so hot I was tempted to get in there and splash around!

This is the opera house. I am not sure what the show was yesterday but swarms of old people came out when the show was over.

Last picture I promise! Hubby hooked up the satellite radio to the bike so we can listen to Alt Nation, Octane and all those cool stations while riding! Have I mentioned lately how much I love this bike?

Later

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shoot, I'd love it too!

That picture where "all the action happens"...well, uh....

I was expecting to see some scantily clad women dancin' around or something. Where did the action go?!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

I looove Octane!
Those are wonderful photos..I wish I was a cat living like that;)

3:36 PM  
Blogger The Ferryman said...

I was trying to see if I could tell which town it was, but I can't.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Jose said...

Isn't it amazing how much more you can see when you go out riding. How fun that you guys had such a nice ride.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Fab, It was Abbeville. Have you been there?

Slick, its a happening spot for old people I think, thats all we saw there LOL.

Ms L, yea those cats have it made! She even had a framed newspaper clipping where her kitties made the news!

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope we have a cool bike like that someday. I'd love to go on a trip across the country!

Glad you had a good time!!

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home