Thursday, September 20, 2007


Someone asked if I was drinking plenty of water?

This is part of my desk at work. My coworker had been giving me a hard time about the empty water bottles and drink cups that I sometimes leave on desk overnight. Anyway, it really seemed to drive her crazy. So one day last week, she left early and I went to everyone's desk and collected their drinks for the day and put them all on my desk. This is just part of the collection, the other 1/2 of my desk was covered too. She about died laughing when she came in the next morning. I thought about covering her desk but I think it was more effective on my desk. Anyway, I am trying to be better and not leaving my water bottles on my desk overnight
The sprite zero was mine NOT the Dr pepper (but man would I love a REAL Dr pepper right now). I have been so good my fasting sugar this morning was 87!

Tomorrow I go for another ct scan, this one with contrast. It kinda pisses me off because if you have been keeping score you will know I JUST had one last week, the same test but without the contrast. SO I have to pay another $75 copay, and I am sure my insurance will balk at paying this new one. Why didn't they do it all at once? Also I have to stop my diabetes meds for 3 days, and I just am feeling like I have some control over my levels! Oh well. Such is life. My side and back is still killing me, how long does it take to pass some freaking kidney stones??? You can see above that I am drinking lots LOL!

Later

9 Comments:

Blogger Fantastagirl said...

I hate insurance companies - mine had me bawling today on the phone - I never do that - totally ticks me off. In the end I got what I needed, but not after calling my doctors office, and them again...

You are doing so good with your blood sugars - keep it up - you rock!

11:37 PM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

You are too funny. Next time you should put it all on her desk.

Good luck tomorrow, and congrats with controlling you BS levels!

11:39 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I got a bill from a doctor's appointment. My doctor said they took that insurance, but somehow I still got a bill.

Which reminds me that I have to call them.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Jose said...

That was just too funny. I am surprised she laughet about it thogh.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I too
would I love a Dr pepper
right now

nectar of the gods!!!!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

Dang! I hope you're close to the bathroom! ;)

6:19 PM  
Blogger Doctor Momâ„¢ said...

Tell your office mate that you're collecting the bottles for the future should the planet Earth be overtaken by aliens who dry up all of our resources, then you will have enough bottled water to keep your family alive for the next 95 years.

It's plausible

9:48 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

FG- Thats horrible, but its almost the only way to deal with insurance companies these days.

Chles- she has a good sense of humor thank goodness!

Lynda- here in unless you are on medicare or medicaid, doctors consider the patient responsible for the bill. Its up to the patient to deal with the insurance company. It sucks.

Jen - Dr Pepper rules! Just sayin.

Beth, yes I am close to the bathroom :)

Mom- that is plausable...hmmmm....

10:04 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

Tee-hee...I love annoying co-workers.

So what will three days off your meds do to your system? I know when I have to go off my pills I get all out of whack and it takes about a week to get back on track. I hope everything goes well for you!

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home