Wednesday, September 12, 2007


To Blog or not to blog.....

I have become very discouraged with blogging lately. I started doing this for me, for my complaints and introspections. For a release when I am upset and also for a time line, I can look back at this and see what I was feeling and how things were at that time. Like diary I guess, although I never had much luck with sticking to those.

Anyway, now it seems like like I am blogging for others. I love comments (even the bad ones, well sometimes LOL) and started changing my blog to suit what I thought others would like. No one wants to hear a person that bitches and complains all the time, especially about medical issues. So Now I feel kinda stuck in a rut. My readership has decreased and I am not blogging about stuff I want to blog about. So I just don't know whether I will continue posting. I will continue reading and commenting on other blogs because I am so addicted to other people's blogs, I just love some of you guys and gals out there! But I am going to take a few days and see how I feel. I will probably come back but it will be different, if I want to rant and whine about being in constant pain I will.

But before I leave I have to say that I do NOT think Britney spears is fat at all!!!! Out of shape for sure but not fat. A poor wardrobe choice for the VMAs for sure but the girl is not fat!!! She gave a lousy performance but she is not fat! I feel sorry for her, I would be suicidal if I was the butt (hahaha) of so many fat jokes. She had 2 kids in 2 years, she looks great, I would kill to be her size! So lay off the fat jokes people, its not funny.

later maybe

19 Comments:

Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Poor costume choice is right.

and blog how you want to blog - not to maintain readership, or to get readership...some of my favorite blogs are the ones that tell it like it is... if it's a bad day - then post it like it is...

(I'd still read you - cause well - that's just me)

8:37 PM  
Blogger The Ferryman said...

You are not really leaving us, are you?

8:39 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

don't go..

just blog when
you want to!!

no pressure!

we love u

8:58 PM  
Blogger BlondeBlogger said...

Take all the time you need...we'll be here when you're ready. And I for one would rather you blog what's in your heart than what you think others want to hear. It's a good way to filter out the people who matter from the people that don't if your readership goes down, IMO. :)

1:41 AM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

I never said Britney was fat. I have called her a skank, trailer trash, a sleeze, etc., but never fat...

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd still tap her....definitely.

Mel, you write for you. It's your site. Write about all those medical issues and you just may find a whole new level of support.

It's your site....use it however you want!

7:58 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

awww...i hope you're not leaving us.....but I totally understand where you're coming from.

and no, she's not fat....just drunk

12:16 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I have been in a funk too. I think you should do what you want to do and write what you want to write. I have kept journals for a long time, but blogging is the only consistant one, and even now, I feel like I am in a funk.

But personally, I will come back and read no matter if you write about your pains or Britney or whatever!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Me said...

I know exactly what you mean. I started out my blog for me, but then you start wanting comments and readers so you start writing for them. I will really miss you if you stop, but I do understand.

I felt the same about Britney. Yeah, she sucked as a dancer and lip-syncer, but for just having 2 kids I'd LOVE to have a body like that. Heck, I'd love a body like that now! :)

1:50 PM  
Blogger poody said...

Shut up about pleasing everyone else! I say bitch,complain, and say what you want. If people don't like it they can quit coming to visit. I only get a few people over to see me and I could care less. It is all about me after all! I wish you were here to go with me tomorrow! You would so love it!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Ia gree with you,both on Brit and on blogging. I feel that way too...sometimes,we just out grow these things,and that's ok:)

11:30 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I definately agree! She's out of shape but not FAT!

P.S. Thanks for coming by my blog!

1:48 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

maybe if her outfits weren't two sizes too small.......she's definitely not fat. you're never the same after having kids.

I agree with some of the other folks, it's your blog and you should say what you want. those folks who always visit will keep coming back.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Jose said...

Please don't go, don't goooooo, don't go away. In case you did't hear I was singing at the top of my lungs.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

Don't go! Write what you want, don't worry about the haters thinking you write too much personal stuff. Guess what? Blogs are personal! So write what you want to write about and please don't stop.

I never said Britney was fat. Had a slight pudge and chose a bad outfit that accentuated that pudge, yes, but not fat. She has had two kids after all and I would love to look like that, but seriously, someone should have told her not to wear that outfit. Not like her performance would ahve been any worse in a tummy covering outfit.

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will beg if I have to, to keep you around. Even to the point of making a fool of myself. I have no pride (I mean, just look at me)...

7:20 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Mel, write only for you! The whole point of blogging is to have fun and be yourself. It's all about YOU. :)

Don't go anywhere, okay?

11:41 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Oh, one other thing. Britney Spears may not be fat, but she's still a moron with filthy hair, unsightly weaves, and the worst taste in clothing I've seen in this hemisphere.

11:50 PM  
Blogger Parlancheq said...

I fall prey to judging myself based on number of comments, too. But blogging isn't a popularity contest. Just write what you feel. If it doesn't appeal to one person, it'll appeal to the next who comes along.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home