Wednesday, October 31, 2007


Halloween 2007

Tara and Willow have nothing to do with my post for today, but I just love these gals and I always have a need post Buffy Pictures! My post is about my paranormal experiences. I have had 3 that I know of, I believe in Ghosts or spirits.

First is my grandparents house. I have tried to trace down the history of this house but I haven't tried too hard since my cousin owns it now and he would think it strange of me to try to find out more about it. According to mom, this house was old and abandoned and run down when she was a kid. It was in a very rural area of NC, it still is pretty rural but not like it used to be. According to mom, some big tobacco executive bought it and spared no expense renovating it, he even had electricity put in and it was one of the only houses in the area to have electric for a long long time. And indoor plumbing! But mom says the tobacco executive did not live there long and sold the house and the land (lots of acreage) to my grandfather. Now, I wish I knew what grandpa paid for that house. He was not a wealthy man but was pretty good at saving money, but i often wondered how he had enough to buy that house in the early 1940s. I am thinking the tobacco guy just wanted rid of it and my grandfather got a deal. Anyway, I wish I knew when the house was built and how old it is. The house was haunted, always has been according to my mother. There was never any visual evidence of this, no chains rattling or footsteps. It was a feeling. Its hard to explain the feeling. A feeling of absolute dread and fear and you could almost see the waves of hatred . It was mostly in one room, the back bedroom. When I was a child I remember running out of the house when the adults were outside like the hounds of hell were chasing me. The feeling did not go away until I was outside the house, My mom and my aunt also have felt it, my aunt says its still there. But my cousin and his family have lived there for probably close to 20 years now so it must not bother them. I think my brother often wishes he had gotten the house just because he was so close to my grandfather but not me. No one could pay me enough to live in it! I wish I had a picture of the house, its an awesome old house on a hill.

I will post about my other experiences later. Happy Halloween and be safe tonight everyone!! My hubby is working nights and I will probably only stay outside an hour to give out candy. We always go outside and sit rather than have the dogs have a cow every time the doorbell goes off. I thought about skipping it these year, I still might.

Later



8 Comments:

Blogger poody said...

What? Skip hallowen? Mel please! I think you can go to the county clerk in the couty where the house is and get the information you are looking for it is public record I believe.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

I was going to suggest going to the court house - they can look that up for you as well.

Happy Halloween to you as well!

11:10 PM  
Blogger JQ said...

I can relate to your story.

1:25 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

I thought of that but I am afraid if I did my did but cousin would get find out I was snooping. Lets just say there was bad blood over the whole who inherited what issue with my mom and his mom;. Its a super small town. I may try that though

5:16 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

skip? skip giving out candy? WHY?!?!?!?!

ya, go to the court house and check that out...then let us know what you find.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Karin's Korner said...

Hi Mel, I just wondered in a few days ago and have been following you...not in the stalker type following though (lol). I live in NC and would love to know where the house is, not that I would go there (well, unless it is close and just pass by and check it out, just cause I am nosey) Love your blog and I also believe in Ghosts and the afterlife. Went and say John Edward last year, amazing!!

10:45 AM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

"Who dat say who dat when I say who dat?!!?" Try blaming something on a ghost and see who believes you....:)

7:11 AM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

I love Halloween, especially for spookey stories like that. I love being scared.

Seeing your pictures of Tara and Willow make me want to go out and buy the Buffy Chosen Collection and the Angel Special Collection. I love those shows!

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home