Sunday, January 20, 2008


Winter Sucks and Slacker radio

You know when I moved to South Carolina I hated it here. But being with my husband and the promise of mild winters made it OK when I was so homesick for Virginia. Being with my husband is still great but I have yet to see a mild winter. OK maybe its milder than in Ohio or Wisconsin but when you live there you KNOW what you are in for. Anyway, it snowed here again yesterday and its supposed to be the teens tonight. It is so difficult for me with my disability when its cold and getting out early to get to work when its this cold is torture!!

I know whine whine whine.

I saw an add for a new radio service and I really want one!!! I wonder how well the reception is, I cant even get satellite radio to come in at my work, I have no idea why. Its an old building that is probably killing us all with asbestos but i have no idea why you cant pick up radio signals in there. My cell phone works OK in there but when I had sprint it wouldn't work at all. Anyway its called Slacker radio. This is not a PPP, (I cant figure out how to do that) I really do want one IF it will come in at work. My Gigabeat (Ipod thingy) works overtime for me since I have to have music at work. Although I think I will just ask hubby to get me some speakers for my computer at work and that way I can just listen to Sirius there. Can you believe my computer at work doesn't have speakers?

Later

3 Comments:

Blogger buffalodick said...

People do love music. Makes you wonder why we like it so much, doesn't it?

9:26 AM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

I worry about using speakers at work. I don't like anyone to know what I am listening to and goodness me if they get offended by something. So itis headphones all the time for me. And they make it easier to tune out annoying people too!

7:21 PM  
Blogger poody said...

I love that radio station did you try the one I told you about here in Austin?

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home