Tuesday, February 05, 2008


When did Billy Joe get old?

My son is a budding musician, and we were having a conversation about music and rock and roll, and I mentioned Green Day as a group I really like. He declares that Billy Joe Armstrong is OLD as is trying to look young, and he is washed up. Now, I checked Wickipedia and Billy Joe was born in 1972. Kornfan was born in 1989. He is 17 years younger and Billy Joe will be 36 this year. I am 47...so I guess I am REALLY old huh?

For the record I do not consider Green Day washed up...or OLD.

But I started thinking about how most rock groups don't like the idea of aging. Pete Townsend wrote those Famous words "I hope I die before I get old" Now he IS old, I bet he has changed his tune about aging!

My spell check is STILL not working....GRRRR

Later




10 Comments:

Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

Spell check no work for me either. I am loving my Word document more and more...

Kornfan needs to go to a Green Day concert NOW! I wasn't even a big fan and totally LOVED their concert. I can safely say it was one of the top three concerts I have ever been to in my entire life. Once he sees them live, he will change his tune.

12:20 AM  
Blogger People in the Sun said...

It's actually spelled GRRRR, but I guess you wouldn't know that because you don't have a spell check!

(By the way, Firefox 2 has an automatic spell check. It makes me happy).

And the mantra for anyone who cares about a Korn fan: "It's just a phase. It's just a phase. It's just a phase."

12:37 AM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

When I could name twenty singers over 50 years old without trying, I don't think 36 is too old...

6:34 AM  
Blogger JQ said...

Billy Joe proves that you are never too old to wear eye liner.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

OMG! Your son thinks I am old too!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

OMG! Your son thinks I am old too!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I don't know why that printed twice. :)

11:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hate to say it, but I never heard of Billy Joe. However, when watching half time of the Super Bowl, I couldn't believe how old Tom Petty looked! DANG!

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although, you have to admit, Billy Joe should probably have moved on from the mascara phase a long time ago...

3:50 PM  
Blogger The Ferryman said...

You should TOTALLY get your hair done like that!

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home