Monday, January 21, 2008


Monday Movie review

I have been wanting to see Juno for over a month now, but of course as per usual they didn't play it here. I waited and waited and FINALLY I saw it was playing at a theater about an hour away from small town hicks ville where I live. Of course we had no idea how to get there but I got a handy dandy GPS for Christmas. So I set it and off we went to the 2:00 show. Everything was great until the GPS announced we had reached our destination, but there was no movie theater anywhere! It seems that the GPS is only as good as the person who keys in the address. Evidently I put in the wrong address, but its the address I got off yahoo movies so I blame them LOL. Anyway, I tried calling all our friends to help us out (they lived there so they should know where the movie theater is) but of course we couldn't get anyone! Got the # for the theater and called it and got a recording saying their mailbox was full and to try again later! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Finally I did get the right address and we found the theater...long after the 2:00 show started. We decided to stay there and do some shopping and wait for the 5:00 show. So I went to Bath and body works, (they had their wallflowers on sale woohooo) then we went to Lowe's. We didn't need anything at Lowe's but hubby browses in there for hours, he fondles to the tools that are on display!! Its really quite sad. Anyway finally we went back and saw Juno at 5:00. Was it worth all that trouble?? YES...it was wonderful, quirky and happy yet sad in places. The acting was top notch, I LOVED this movie. I urge everyone to go see it! Even my tool fondling Canadian loved it! Now of course they have decided to play it here it hicksville, I could have just waited.



TV show review...a bonus just for today! I am watching Project Runway, the competition is "Fierce" this year! And I am addicted to this new show Terminator, the Sarah Connor Chronicles. I will be honest, I didn't want to watch this, I am tired of the whole Movie to TV and Versa verse thing. But with the writers strike and me being a TV addict there was nothing else new on so I watched it. I was desperate. I am so glad did, I am hooked REALLY hooked on this show. The girl that plays the Cyborg is a fav of mine, she played on Firefly one of my favorite shows too so I knew she was good, but she makes a good robot. If you haven't seen this yet you should check it out.

In other news, its Monday morning, MLK day. Its 19 degrees and I of course don't get MLK off so I am not a happy camper. Mondays are bad enough but its below freezing out there!!!!!!!!!!!! Also I read that January 21 may be the most depressed day of year. Yeah.

Later

11 Comments:

Blogger buffalodick said...

Never go to the movies- I wait until on dvd!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

I like to fondle the tools at Home Depot. Mrs Nobody always bitches at me though, telling me I can't have this and can't afford that. I just like looking at all the tools and thinking of the stuff I could do with them, I never said I wanted to actually buy them. She should know I'm much too lazy to do all that stuff and need the "I don't have the right tool" excuse.

9:36 AM  
Blogger poody said...

Hey ,I was wondering about that movie. I think the lead guy has been in another movie too. Was it Superbad?I love Bath and Body Works. I am hooked on Moonlight Path. If you ever wondered what I smell like then there it is. I have the shampoo,conditioner,bath gell, lotion, and body spray!I know TMI! LOL! I love Firefly too! Did you see Serenity? I loved that movie!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Jose said...

What irony, I have a super movie plex two minutes away from me and I never go to the movies. Yet you go to a theather an hour away and wait additional hours to see a show. All I can say is wow! Thank God for DVDs. lol

11:39 AM  
Blogger Silverstar said...

I'm curious to see Juno, seeing as how everyone raves about it. Glad to see you enjoyed it.:)

11:47 AM  
Blogger Sushiboy said...

I can't wait for T:SCC tonight. Its gonna be good. (I hope)

3:33 PM  
Blogger Me said...

I think that movie looks good....glad you liked it!

5:43 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

I really wnat to see this movie. I have a whole list I have to see before the Oscars do or don't happen.

6:26 PM  
Blogger BlondeBlogger said...

Hey Mel!

It's SO cold here too! I feel for you!

I'm dying to get out to the movies, but I usually have to wait until the DVD comes out. I'm dying to see Good Luck Chuck, which I'm sure the rest of the world saw ages ago, lol.

10:58 PM  
Blogger kimber said...

I loved Firefly! Great show!

We once used our GPS to find a Canadian Tire in a different town, and only realized we'd put in the wrong co-ordinates when we were cruising though suburbia, and I was pointing at a small split-level home with two-car garage, shouting, "It's supposed to be RIGHT! THERE!"

Ah, technology! Gotta love it!

12:04 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

OMG... I knew that girl looked familiar (the firefly girl). I actually have never seen firefly, but serenity (awesome).

I wanted to watch "the chronicles", but I just couldn't muster up the energy to care about something new right now.

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home