Wednesday, February 27, 2008


My son the Rockstar!

So Kornfan's band had their very first gig last saturday night. They were the intermission band and only played 3 songs but thats still great!! He told me later it was unreal the rush you get on stage and people are screaming for you. I asked him if it was like being high, and he paused and said....nooooo.....I think he thought I was trying to trick him into revealing whether he has ever been high or not haha. Maybe I was, but it was subconcious if I did. Stuffgirl went and forgot her camera so I got was a cell phone pic ( I admit I cried some because there was another first my kids had that I couldn't go to, i would have done anything to be there. If he had given me more notice I would have been there). Even his sister raved about how good they were. He does this trick, he puts his guitar (yes its his graduation present I gave him last year) behind his head and plays it, and Stuffgirl said the crowd went wild when he did it! No doubt about it, I am a proud mom. He did have bad news last week though, he was laid off at work. Not by the union but the company he was apprenticing with. The union has assured him that in the spring when business picks up he will more than enough work. He is was low on seniority so he was the first to be cut.

Now, my Saturday I went out of my way to go to the bargain grocery store again. You really save money but the crowds were unreal. Anyway, the guy was bagging my groceries and I noticed they had paper bags and I asked for the paper bags. He HANDED me 3 paper bags, asked if that was enough and continued bagging my groceries in the plastic bags!!! Maybe I need better communication skills because I wanted my groceries IN the paper bags, now I killed trees AND made more landfill plastic crap.

Later

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

The link above appears to lead to a virus. Please do not click on it.

Mel, tough luck on Kornfan being laid off, but super mega on his first gig performance!
YouTube awaits!

4:16 PM  
Blogger BlondeBlogger said...

Oh cool! I've always dreamed of being in a band on stage. I can imagine the rush! Congrats to your son!

4:47 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

So awesome!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Nice to "meet" you!
Thanks for hopping over from Vegas Princess. And yes, I ADORE my dogs! You have 8? Wow! Are they all greyhounds?

We adopted Chauncey aka Mr. Monster from the Dachshund Rescue of North America. We love him but boy does he keep us on our toes. He wa abused which we didnt know until after we ha him (and flew him to Maine from the Carolinas) He is a wonderful dog SOME of the time! :)

Hallie

6:29 AM  
Blogger JQ said...

That's great for your son! It really is a rush to be on stage. I wish I could remember my time, but I was a little drunk. The bar we played let us play and drink for free the first time. The second time we got paid but we drank four hundred dollars worth of alcohol. The last time they paid us and we had to turn it all back in for our tab. :)

I hope he finds something else to do for a living. Tell him to keep playing gigs. I wish I would have.

7:27 AM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

Congrats on the music win! Buy a reusable shopping bag, then no paper, or plastic!

7:37 AM  
Blogger MarmiteToasty said...

Two of my 4 lads are drummers in bands.... I go to their gigs and I LOVE it lol..... oh and Im also the roadie cos I have the 8 seater car ;) ...... bands rule :)...

x

8:22 AM  
Blogger Superwoman said...

that is why that guy is a bagger. Not the hardest job and it doesn't take a lot of brain power.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't imagine how very proud you are of your son! And cam imagine how very hard it was for you not to go. But I'm sure there will be more times in the future!

I just read a comment that asked if you really have 8 dogs. Do you? I wish I could have more dogs.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Woohooo! You must be so proud!

Sorry he got laid off. We're having problems with that here.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

tag.. your it

2:34 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

oops
i mean -you're

2:35 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

Delete that first comment. It is a virus!

I am sorry you missed the show but it I can see how proud you are of him. And you should be, what a amazing thing he has accomplished. Next time, have Stuffgirl bring a video camera if you can't make it. :)

And I am glad you "met" Hallie. She is wonderful!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

You should be very proud of him...I'm so jealous of people that can play music or sing. I wouldn't even know where to start.

I know the plastic bags are easier to carry and possibly cheaper BUT paper just makes so much more sense. I never end up with paper bags because I don't ask... and now I'm scared to try. lol :)

9:59 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Congratulations to your son. Sorry to hear he got laid off though, that sucks.

Sounds like the grocery guy needs to get a clue. LOL.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

YAY!!!! that is so exciting and you are so cool for having a rock star son!!! So, do we all get CD's?

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home