Saturday, December 10, 2005


WHY????

I have been indulging today I something I rarely get a chance to do...lounge around and watch TV...lots of TV. I have the flu or something and pretty much feel like crap on a stick so its all I have the energy to do. What I noticed is all the hype for the new King Kong movie. Now, I have to ask WHY did they redo this one again???? But then I never got the reason to remake the Titanic. I hated that movie, but I think I am only the one that did. While everyone else was sobbing and wailing the end of Jack I was thinking "Come on and Drown already!". But Titanic was a monsterous hit, and I read the reviews of this new King kong and it is getting great reviews. See, this is why I am not in hollywood making the big bucks, I would never have thought to remake King Kong again. Someone did, and someone is racking in the big bucks. Sigh.

I saw The Queen of the Damned on Sci Fi. I read the book and and I see they did a good job and translating book to movie...the movie made no sense and the book really didnt either. I was HOPING for happy christmas movies today BUT NO, that would be silly, show christmas movies at christmas time? I know I am a Bah Humbug but I love me a good sappy christmas movie.

Well I must go cough sneeze and hack some more

Later

4 Comments:

Blogger nicki said...

hope you feel better soon Mel :) as for the titanic..i hated it too...haha

10:05 PM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

Mel ... wonderful memories of me you drummed up over at the Outpost! Thanks a ton for stopping by and playing the game. I left a response for you in my comments there...

Ohhh I'm sorry you're not well. This is NOT the time of year to get sick. You're supposed to wait till AFTER the holiday so you can sit around and play with all the new toys.

King King - I loved the original with Faye Raye and no one but no one will ever be able to match her screams. I do want to see the latest just for the sake of seeing a big monkey again.

Titanic - Again, I loved the original - the dramatization of the actual event. The "Jack gets the girl then drowns" one stunk. I too was saying "oh for pete's sake, get it over with already and go under!"

Now, if you have Netflix ... you need to order Christmas Vacation (for laughs) - "It's a Wonderful Life" for sentiment and "White Christmas" for scenery and music. But Miracle on 24th Street still gets me in the spirit every year!

Nice to meet you!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

I liked the two books that preceded The Queen of the Damned so I have avoided that movie like the plague because I'm quite sure the movie-makers would mess it the characters I like.

I've been known to enjoy Christmas movies too, but (ahem) I get misty-eyed WAY too easily. I'm going to stick with The Grinch Who Stole Christmas this year, which I own.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I wish they would stop making TV shows from the past into movies also. I haven't been to the movies in so long.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home