Sunday, February 19, 2006



I am so not computer savy....

Most of the day today has been spent trying to get a blogroll up on my blog. I followed the instructions but so far only managed to wreck my template so I got a new one. Now I am scared to try again! I know its not THAT hard! Everyone else has done it! I guess everyone else is just smarter than me. I wanted it up so I can still go to my favorite sites while on vacation. I have to take lasix every day so that means at least 2 - 3 hours a day I have to stay in close to a bathroom. It sucks but Its something I have to do.

I am posting finally the pictures of my phone and all the goodies I got with it. Now that the time thing is fixed I am super pleased with it! I just love it. But the battery life is not as long though because its smaller, the battery is smaller. Hubby can get almost 4 days of a charge but mine only lasts about a day.

I have to call my parents this afternoon. My mom is so depressing. Everything is gloom and doom to her anymore. She used to talk about her mom getting that way and now she is her mother! Its a vicious cycle. I know, I should not feel this way. I love her dearly but I get depressed when I talk to her. At least I can still talk to her. my friend whose sister died last month dad died thursday. She has lost her whole family within 6 months! Her mom, her sister and now her dad. Its just awful! I guess I will stop complaining about my moms depression huh???

Later

11 Comments:

Blogger nicki said...

i don't have a blog roll either mel..i tried to do it once..but i just didn't get it...:( don't feel bad.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Hi Hi!! Thanks for droppin by my blog, so I guess I am stalking yours now haahaa!! :)
Blog roll thingees are complicated, I know some days I want to pull my hair out from helping my evil twin Lori...she is soo going to get me for saying that. hee hee

that is sad what your friend is going through...

6:39 PM  
Blogger Me said...

I hear ya. It took me forever to figure out the blogroll thing. I had to have a friend sit with me at the computer to show me how!!

p.s. what is lasix?

7:47 PM  
Blogger L said...

OOOOOOOOOOO you have the new pink phone. I wiped out my whole template and had to call sis (beadinggal) to help me.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Spider Walk said...

Hi Mel,
I would be more than happy to help you with it. Are you copying and pasting the code blogroll gives you into the right spot on your template? Feel free to email me at spiderwa1k@yahoo.com if you want. I can try to walk you through it:)
*that is a 1 and not an L in my addy!

10:56 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Ooooh pretty!

I'm so sorry about your friend:(

11:05 PM  
Blogger Zambo said...

Hi Mel.

Your phone and its accessories are very cute.

(I don't have a blog roll yet either)...

That's so sad about your friend and her family...

I was shocked to hear about Chris Penn's death...

(It's weird how saying that someone has a big heart is a good thing figuratively, but in reality, it's pretty dangerous).

Glad to hear that the Canadian and Stuffgirl are healing and that your vacation with the girls is fast approaching.

Take care, Mel.

Your Pal,

Zambo.

12:17 AM  
Blogger Josh said...

I have fears of trying to upgrade, that and I'm lazy. I love how all your phone things match.

My mom is like that. Even the happiest of things she finds a negative thing to say. She doens't even realize it either.

2:45 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Spider. thanks I WILL Take you up on that...but probably not until the weekend, I have limited computer time on workdays. Thanks you are the best!!!

Me...Lasix is a really strong duiretic. My heart damage is such that I retain fluid, my feet and legs are swollen all the time. Ick. Lasix is no fun but its a necessary evil now. Its scary though because if the fluid gets up in your chest you can actually "drown". So I take it like I am supposed to (most of time LOL)

6:26 AM  
Blogger Not this time said...

I have tried to master the blogroll as well, but probably not as diligently. Perhaps I will make that today's mission... because, yeah! We need blogrolls!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I put a blogroll on a separate site. I couldn't figure out how to do certain things. Then I found out you had to pay for them! Oh, well.

I am sorry to hear about your friend. :(

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home