Tuesday, May 02, 2006


Simple Pleasures....

Alot of people have been doing this list, 10 simple pleasures. I think I have done something similar before so if I repeat myself it just I am boring and dont change much.

1. watching the fireflies...we have hundreds of them around our yard and I just love to watch them.

2. looking at the moon. I love to look at the moon. I dont have a good view from my house though because of all the trees so pretty much I dont get to do this enough.

3. talking on the phone with my friends, and my daughter.

4. Sleeping late and lazy days.

5. Eating out. Mothers day is coming so I will make hubby take me out to eat. I dont get to do this enough either because Hubby hates eating out.

6. Tim Horton's coffee!

7. My dogs, they give me so much joy.

8. spending time with my hubby, I miss when we worked the same hours. Now I never see him!

9. Pogo.com OK I am addicted, I would be on there now but its always down for mantenience or whatever Tuesday mornings.

10. HBO. We didnt have HBO for a long time but ordered it for the Sopranos last season. I have really been enjoying it. Its either better than it used to be or my expectations are lower!

IN other news, Stuffgirl called me last night to tell me she bought her prom dress. Its red! Red??? LOL I have never seen her in red. She used to only wear black...everything black. She has discovered color in her old age LOL. I hope I get more pictures then I did of the military ball. She is back with the long haired boy from last summer so she is going with him. I liked short hair boy but I am not a fan of long hair on men. Maybe because my dad was a barber? anyway, only 2 months until her graduation. I am old. Kornfan is not going to the prom as far as I know. He will be 17 on the 22nd! Again I say...I am old.

Later

12 Comments:

Blogger S* said...

Came here by way of Keeks. Just wanted to say that your post reminded me of what I'm missing here in NYC. Fireflies (lighting bugs)! And of course hearing crickets at night. And did you say you had BANANA PUDDING ICE CREAM the other day? Yum!!! People up here don't know what they're missing.

9:46 AM  
Blogger nicki said...

I bey stuffgirl will look very pretty in red :) can't wait to see some pictures :)

1:44 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Heehee,pogo.com
That site is like crack;p

4:25 PM  
Blogger L said...

I love fireflies too.
Great simple pleasures.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I hope that you post a picture! I bet she will look beautiful!

6:56 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

Ohhhhhh...fireflies! Love them!

Can't wait to see prom pics! :)

9:18 PM  
Blogger Spider Walk said...

Great list! It seems I can relate to a lot of things on the ones everyone is posting. No wonder we all get along so well!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Me said...

awwww.....I like that list. I may have to do one myself!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

I wish I had fireflies here (lighting bugs). Sleeping late is the best.

PICTURES!

1:30 AM  
Blogger Tenacious T said...

I love your list of simple pleasures. I think I may try one myself soon. It made me smile. :)

10:27 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

Don't ask me to explain the fireflies. I'm still trying to figure out how a mockingbird can scare a cat.

12:11 PM  
Blogger keeks said...

I like your list Mel.

My Mom used to say it wasn't her birthdays that made her feel old, it was mine lol.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home