Friday, August 18, 2006


I was freaking out last night..

Came home and Jeopardy did not meet me at the door with the other dogs. I knew something was wrong. She in the back bedroom on a dog bed and was laying in her own poop and pee. NOT like her! She couldnt get up. She was acting like she had a stroke, but evidently true strokes are rare in dogs. NO they think she has Canine Vestibular disease.

Hubby also was freaking out, this is his "heart dog"...he loves her more than me I think. She is our first greyhound and she is the best girl. Lately she has been very clingy.

Anyway, and good thoughts sent her way would be more than appreciated. She is able to get up now but loses her balance when she tries to walk.

I wish I didnt have to go to work today!

Later

6 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

Sorry about your dog. I really love dogs so I know how you feel.

11:02 AM  
Blogger kimber said...

I'm sending well-wishes your way!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Just wondering if she has been on any antibiotics lately? Our dog has been acting very weird for the past 3 weeks - the last day or two is when she started acting normal again...and it was just her body reacting to the drugs.

4:50 PM  
Blogger keeks said...

We (me & Lewis) are sending best wishes your way. Hope everything is okay.

8:29 PM  
Blogger L said...

Sending lots of well wishes.

Hi Mel!

11:00 PM  
Blogger nicki said...

awww :( i hope your doggy gets better soon..i'm sending lots of love and good esp...*hugs*

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home