Saturday, August 19, 2006


I will never be the same again because of modern technology...

last night I recieved a Text message from my daughter. Not unusal, as I have unlimited text messaging and she is a teenager and this is thier means of communication. This text however, was not meant for me. She THOUGHT she sent it to her boyfriend. Lets just say its was disturbing for a mother to read, it was pretty graphic. I felt like Pheobe on Friends when she first saw Monica and Chandler making out... "MY EYES!!!! MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!" So what did I do? I handled it the only way I knew how. She is an adult so she can do adult things even if it disturbs me. SO I called her and laughed and laughed about it!! She didnt think it was funny at all...she said "Lets not ever speak of this again" to which I replied "OH NO you will be living this one for a long time" She is just lucky she did not accidently send to her dad instead of me. I have no doubt that he would kick her out if he read it. He doesnt realize he so controlling he is driving to her such behavior. Oh well, thats another rant I would rather not get into.

Jeopardy is recovering fast from her "incident"...its difficult for her to walk but she does. She met me at the door yesterday, but she can barely wag her tail. Her back legs are splayed now, the only way I describe it is they look like a baby calf or colt when they stand for the first time. Her head is cocked to one side and I think her hearing may have been affected some. But she was able to go up and down the basement stairs last night. Hubby said she was like me coming up those stairs....I hate those stairs and I dont go down there unless I have to but the washer/dryer is down there so I cant avoid it all together. I do worry when our dogs get older. the only way to get them outside involves steps.

Anyway I have errands to run for Hubby's business today and I may go to see Little Miss Sunshine or Snakes on a plane. Do you know they have Snakes on a plane jewelry??? Its has bling...I gotta get me one of these!!! LOL I have a birthday coming up soon, maybe I will treat myself for not dying this year.

later

5 Comments:

Blogger X said...

They should load all the snakes in the world on a plane and send them to Antarctica so they would freeze! (As you can tell I hate snakes and will NOT be seeing that movie!)

Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

12:50 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

No snake movies for me - hate hate hate them!

LOl about the text message - yet at the same time...I don't ever want to get one from my Tink...

3:05 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Glad the dog is doing better. Must be a relief to you :)

I just love the Samuel L Jackson line about the motherfin snakes. Kills me everytime.

4:59 PM  
Blogger kimber said...

So happy that Jeopardy is on the mend, and I would LOVE one of those Snakes On A Plane pendents... I would love to be able to afford one, actually! Considering it looks like a cadeacus, it's a fitting gift to celebrate living another year!

11:38 AM  
Blogger S* said...

I hope Jeopardy is doing ok.

And as a fellow sender of racy messages & pics via text, your daughter must ALWAYS remember to check and double check who she's sending to!

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home