Sunday, December 03, 2006


Yeah I am HOME!

I am so so glad to be home, even though I am feeling guilty for not being closer to mom. She is handling all this very well, I am surprised how well she is handling it. She knew sometime she would lose him I guess. Me, I am ok as long as I don't think too much. Somehow I just thought death for other people, not my family.

I have lots to keep me occupied unpacking, laundry, Dogs, reading over a weeks worth of blogs and catching up, plus I can play pogo again. I haven't had time to play yet but I can if I want to. I don't know how dad dealt with that system of his and dialup too! Plus The Canadian gave me a Christmas present early, a Gigabeat MP3player since I broke my other one, and speakers. I have to learn how to work this one. It will take a while too but I plan on reading every blog entry on my blogroll while I was gone so bear with me.

I am not even thinking about moving right now, Its just too much right now. I am just going to make more trips up to visit for now. I like it here for now, I like my job (even though I hate having to work), I have some good friends here too. The Canadian LOVES his job, he likes working!! We own our house (well its mortgaged) and I like our house here.

Thanks for all the advice and well wishes! It has really helped.

later

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am glad you are home. Just give yourself time. Oh, that's a stupid thing to say. It's been 13 years since my dad died...I still think of him every day. Only now it doesn't hurt as much and I can remember the times he made me laugh and he made me happy.

And I'm glad you didn't make any life decisions while you were in the midst of everything down there (up there?).

Finally ... I've been playing Pogo for 6 years. It's the best for stress. For me anyway. My favorite? Mahjong Garden.

Rest.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Thinking of you Mel.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Me said...

I am glad you are home. Go hug those puppers, I've always said....with dogs I will never need therapy :-) Look deep into their beautiful eyes and know you are LOVED!

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Mel I am glad you are home! I am so sorry for your loss I wish i could say it will get better but I have found the pain remains the same but the feelings hit you less often as time goes by. There will come a time though that you will be able to think of him and not cry just not anytime soon. But that's ok because you need to grieve.I am here for you sweety!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Welcome home!

5:09 PM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

welcome home!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Welcome home! I am behind on my blog reading but I have been thinking of you and hope you are doing ok.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home