Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Movie review...Because I said so.
The critics kinda slaughtered this movie, and frankly it wasn't my choice. But I went with a friend and she picked the movie. I LOVED it. Stupid critics. It was just my kind of movie. It wasn't great but it entertained me. I love a love story, and it was maybe a bit lifetime movie of the week but hey I love lifetime movies. No one got murdered or blown up, its was just a nice love story. The gals were all so lovely. Steven Collins is just so cute and the guy that played Johnny was HOT LOL. This movie wasn't for everyone but I liked it, and will put it on my netflix list.

I also saw snakes on a plane this week (via netflix) and it was OK. Kinda campy. Snakes don't bother me but it seemed kinda gory for snakes. Samuel Jackson is always great though, and the movie line of the year came from this movie "OK I have had it with these Motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane!" Only Samuel can do that line justice.

Today hubby and I are both off an we are off to see Wild Hogs! I love me some Travolta, even if if a Scientologist. Will have a review later.

Later



10 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

I seen Because I said so and it was cute. I agree with you that its not for everyone but I enjoyed it. Snakes on a plane ~ I can't watch!!! I'm terrified of them.

I hope you like Wild Hogs as much as I did. I laughed and laughed at all the silly little wrecks that one guys has.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are THE movie watching Queen!
I like fun,happy movies too:)

2:21 PM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

Sometimes movie reviewers don't know shit from clay!

Travolta is always cool (even for a scientolalooney).

Imagine him and Samuel Jackson in a movie,, wayy cool.

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks like one I'd like to see.

Enjoy the Hogs!!

4:01 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Glad you liked it!

Just read your last post about your mom. When my grandpa passed away, luckily my grandma joined a grief group. There she met a lady and they became close friends. Since then she has volunteered a LOT and said that's what keeps her going. I think more than anything she just likes knowing someone "needs" her and she has to be somplace at a certain time.

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a chick flick ain't it? Count me out....unless Trish wants to watch it while wearing lingerie.

I've been wanting to see Snakes on a Plane though.

Have a great day with your hubby Mel!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I almost always disagree with critics. But movies for me are just a way to get away from myself for a bit. Kind of like gaming.

3:06 PM  
Blogger poody said...

I want to see that movie but will probably wait to see it thru netflix. I love John Travolta I know he is a scientologist but he keeps his crazy assed opinions to himself and that is ok by me. I have loved him since he was Vinnie Barborino!!

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Critics never like the good ones. They CRUCIFIED "Stop, Or My Mom Will Shoot" with Sly Stallone and Estelle Getty. See, proves my point. I take it by your stunned silence you all agree...

3:40 PM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

Glad it was better than it looks on the previews. It just didn't spark my interest. But now that it's gotten a good review, maybe I'll rent it when it comes out on DVD. (I never go to the movies.)

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home