Wednesday, May 16, 2007


Movie Review time!

I saw the movie Georgia rule this past weekend. The movie critics and reviews have not been very kind to this movie. I loved it however, and I will probably see it again. Its a chic flick for sure, and it tries to tackle some tough issues. Its a little lifetime movie like but that can be said about most chic flicks. My only complaint was the character of the grandmother (Jane Fonda)was really underused. Its not a great movie but its a good little movie and I enjoyed it and I even teared up some.

Now, about Lindsay
Lohan. I want to hate her. She is spoiled rotten, a club hopping diva and a train wreck waiting to happen. But She is GOOD, she is luminous on the the screen, the camera loves her and she is very talented. I hope she gets her life straight soon before she loses her credibility as an actress and becomes washed up in her early 20s. She could use some parental guidance and her mom is partying as much as her daughter is, and her dad....I don't really know the story there but I know he did time for something. Anyway, I just hope the best for her.

I got my soft contact lenses finally after 3 tries to get the power right. I. LOVE. THEM. But it took me 15 minutes and 5 tries to get them out tonight!

Later

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always think I want to watch that film and then completely forget about it until it comes up again. I agree that La Lohan is a good actress, from what I've seen, but I wouldn't want her to change her partying because I find her and her clique fascinating. I mean how can people be so stupid and still make me want to be one of them??

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's the woman on the left? Jane's aged really well.

P.s. It's amazing how Lindsay looks nothing like she did when she was a kid. No comparison.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

YAY on the lenses!
I want some too but have issues about sticking things in my eyes..may be one day I'll be brave!

Thanks for the review. I hate that chick too,with a passion. May be if the movie comes on tv I'll give it a go,lol

2:47 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

lindsay, lindsay, lindsay....what can you say? her mother is a wreck too, no wonder the daughter is like that. I used to really like her when she was younger, before all of her partying days, but now, I just think she is a media slut....she loves the attention and craves it. I think she is going downhill FAST and will be gone soon....so sad.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Dick, that is Felicity Huffman, she is married to William Macy and is Lynette on Desperate houseives. She won an Oscar last year for some film I didnt see. She is a good actress too.

5:58 PM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

I'm glad you love your new contacts! You'll get better at putting them in. Just give it time.

Not sure I would pay to see that flick, but I usually don't pay to see any flick. I'm just not a movie buff. Glad you liked it though!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Doctor Momâ„¢ said...

Hey Mel--
Thanks for the review!
I have a girls weekend planned with my middle child--
I'll have her look at it, she likes Lindsay.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Jose said...

I don't like Jane Fonda and I don't like Lohan, but you are right she actually plays very likeable characters, I tend to forget how she is in real life.

3:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh thanks for the review. I was thinking it would be a fun "girls" movie...may have to see if some friends want to go see it.

Dont' worry about the contacts. In a few weeks you'll be a pro at it! I fianlly got mine about 5 years ago and love them! Have a great weekend!

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home