Saturday, May 05, 2007


Thursday 13 on Saturday....

OK so I am always late with the Thursday 13 but as you know I don't have access to a computer at work so I save them for Saturday since I am a loser and usually have no plans on Saturdays. But here they are 13 movies I remember from growing up...

1. BAMBI. A nice animated Disney film right?? NO not for me, I was so upset about Bambi's mom being killed by hunters, I swear I was scarred for life. Don't even ask me about the rest of the movie cuz I was too busy obsessing over that. NEVER watched again.

2. PETER PAN I guess I liked this one OK, but I know you can guess my Favorite character...Nanny the dog :)

3. HUSH HUSH SWEET CHARLOTTE . Scared the Crap outta me! Great movie though, Bette Davis, need I say more?

4. EV EL KNIEVEL I saw this at the drive in with my parents and brother, I miss Drive ins, I really do.

5. GONE WITH THE WIND. I actually read the book first so I knew what was going to happen but Vivian Leigh was absolutely Scarlett, I was awed by her performance then and now. This is one of my all time favorite movies.

6. DOCTOR ZHIVAGO. My aunt took me to see this, I was really young and it was WAY over my head. I had no clue at that age about the Bolsheviks, hell I still don't know LOL.I remember it was visually stunning though. The picture is the mansion in the movie where Lara and Yuri hide out at one point. It was too long and too complicated for a child, maybe I should watch it again some day because I just didn't understand it at all.

7. STAR WARS I LOVED this movie, at the time there was nothing else like it! I saw all the sequels (not the prequels though) and this one to me is the best.

8. DANIELLE STEEL'S THE PROMISE. Nothing but a chick flick, a tear jerker. Yes I cried.

10. ANIMAL HOUSE Freaking Hilarious! I was a freshman in college when this came out but never pledged. IT was gross humour but I just ate it up.

11. THE JERK I am a big Steve Martin fan so of course I saw this. Its silly innocent humor and I think its one of the funniest movies. Premier Magazine voted this one of 50 funniest movies of all time, so take that all you Steve Martin haters (My mom always said he was "stupid" Well, mom he may be but he is rich now MOM)

12, BLAZING SADDLES My dad took me to see this movie, another one of the 50 funniest movies of all time. SO Funny. I love comedies. Dad took me to see alot of comedies, I also saw STRIPES with him, another classic comedy. I miss my dad. so much.

13, GREASE The movie is my all time favorite. LOVE this movie, LOVE John Travolta and Olivia Newton John. I had the soundtrack and wore out several VHS copies. This movie is the Dirty Dancing of the 70s'.

There are so many more movies I could have mentioned, I love movies but these stuck in my memory,

Later

6 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

oh man, I loved the jerk!!! that was so funny, but you do have to like Steve Martin to really enjoy it.

I remember when I was in 2nd grade and living with my dad, I saw my first scary movie.."What's The Matter With Helen?" scared the mess outa me! A few years ago, it was on tv, and I watched it. What the heck? It didn't even show any killing or anything and wasn't the least bit scary!

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most of the movies you mentioned, I too, Love. Dr. Zhivago always make me extremely sad. I didn't see the jerk, maybe I should rent it.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Doctor Momâ„¢ said...

Great movies! You must have been growing up in the same era as I.

I believe many kids, including myself, were damaged from seeing Bambi's mother killed by hunters.

While I remember this distinctly, when it came out on VHS when my 22 year-old was young, they seemed to have edited much of that out from the movie...

either that or it was just much scarier when we were 8.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

What a great list! You've never seen the Star Wars Prequels? DO SO NEVER! DO SO NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Jose said...

The Jerk, wasn't that his first movie. One of my favorites too. What a great picture you posted, I would hate to be there though, it's gotta be cold.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

It only gets worse for Bambi after his mom dies! Don't watch it!!!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home