Wednesday, November 28, 2007



3 Days left of NaBloPoMo

Posting every day has been hard, but not as hard as I thought. I will, however, be ready for a break this weekend!

I had today off from the W and for once didn't have a doctors appointment! I rarely get a free Wendsday anymore! But I had this to deal with :

Yes a mountain of clean clothes to fold and put away. Look Even Jeopardy cannot believe that 2 people create so much laundry! Unreal.

Also tonight I cooked a frozen Prego Lasagna for dinner. I know my Blogger friends that cook are aghast but hey I am not a great cook, not even a good one really. But I was reading the directions and it tells you what temp and how long to cook it but then it says "Use potholders to remove from oven"!!! I am not a great cook but even I know to use potholders. I thought its amusing that they felt they had to put that on there but I am sure someone would try to sue because they got burned cooking Prego lasagna. Like the McDonald's coffee cup thing remember that?

I am missing Pushing Daisies! Anyone else love that show?

Later

8 Comments:

Blogger kimber said...

I'm an awful cook -- if my husband wasn't such a good chef, I'd have starved to death years ago. :)

10:56 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

As you probably know, I cook alot. It doesn't mean every night's a gourmet feast, believe me! Tonight, we plan to try a frozen ravioli (dolled up with my extra sauce & cheese!) and see if it's any good...

6:56 AM  
Blogger Karin's Korner said...

The McDonalds thing reminded me of something that I read recently. Apparently a lady bought a RV, drove it for a while and decided to put on the cruise control. Then she left to go and do something in the back of the RV. Of coarse the RV ran off the road and crashed, she sued the makers of the RV for not puting something on the cruise control that states you still have to sit in the drivers seat and steer the vehicle. She won over 2 million dollars and a brand new RV. Sometimes you have to wonder where some peoples brains are.

I also like Prego lasagna (LOL)

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can cook. I used to cook everything from scratch (it's ok to hate me - but just keep in mind that my mother could not boil water, so learning to cook was a matter of survival).

I don't anymore. It takes too much effort and since the fibro has gotten worse over the past 3 years and the kids have left the nest and there's just two of us, well ~ I don't cook much from scratch anymore (except Thanksgiving ~ and it did me in physically for three entire days!).

At first, I didn't like Pushing Daisies. But, you know, it's grown on me and now I totally love it!

I also understand the folding of the laundry thingy. With fibro, it's difficult to fold clothes for a long period of time.

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never seen that show and when I see a mountain of laundry that needs to be done, I always like I'm busy doing something else.

need some tips?? :)

5:31 PM  
Blogger JQ said...

It's amazing the amount of just plain retarded people out there who would actually sue over burning themselves on something that they were not previously warned about. I sometimes find it hard to get out of bed in the morning because I know I will encounter these types of people in my diurnal activities. Stupidity, ignorance, and P.C are rampant in the world, it is up to you and I to stop it. Or at least try and deal with them in some way.

Am I being to harsh? Oh well.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Kimber : this is why we married our guys so they can cook for us LOL

Buffalo : So how was the Ravioli? The Lasagna was ok.

Karin : She got a new RV out of that??? Geez I am in the wrong racket :)

Teebop : really its bad when a simple chore like that takes me all night! I feel your pain.

Slick: I bet you are great at laundry avoidance!

JQ NO you are not being harsh at all, I agree with you totally.

9:23 PM  
Blogger poody said...

The W! I am so proud of you sis! I haven't watched that show but hear good things about it! I will have to catch it on the reruns this summer!

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home