Sunday, December 02, 2007


The heat is on....

I've mostly been hot natured all my life, I loved the summer the hotter the better! But my body with all its problems cant handle the heat anymore, I really get overheated and I will get sick before I realize I am overheated. That's why this new thing of mine is so confusing to me. I am so cold this winter, I cannot seem to get warm. Its a constant struggle with hubby over the thermostat, The Canadian is happy when its at 67 or 68. I sit and shake and shiver at that, I have found 73 to be the most comfortable temp for me, 71 is tolerable. I am curious, in the winter what do you find to the most comfortable temp to set your thermostat on? I really want to know if I am abnormal or what. I am sure the blood thinner I am is contributing to this constantly being cold. Winter is not even here yet and I am cold.

I looked online and have found varying answers to what is the correct setting. Most of the places suggest setting down to 55 when you are sleeping!!! I would not like that all, so I am not going to tell hubby of my findings.

12 Comments:

Blogger Fantastagirl said...

I think we set back between 60 and 65 and during the day when we are home it's 68 - MAX . I'm too cheap to heat this house. When we are gone - it's in the lower 60's If kids are cold - add a sweater or slippers. If hot take off a layer.

I like it cool - but for some reason I got cold this fall and can't seem to warm up...my toes are frozen...

11:43 PM  
Blogger Michelle Kemper Brownlow said...

My fam and I argue about this all the time!! HAHA!!

My hubby would like it to be 67 - I FREEZE!!!

I would like it to be 72!

12:15 AM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

We have our house set at 70 during the day and 68 at night. BUt we are not there most of the time so it is not bad. Now my in-laws? They keep the house around 65 all the time and I am always freezing there. I seriously do not think their heat works.

I hate being cold. I would rather be hot than cold. I heard about setting ti to 55 at night too and it seemed WAY too cold to me.

12:45 AM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

Our thermostat is in the coldest room in our house- but just under 70F is great.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

I have my thermostat set at 62. If it's freezing outside I'll turn it up to 65. I have it set so low because:

1. I don't want a crazy heating bill.
2. I want my oil to last all winter.
3. I have sinus issues and get all stuffy if it's past 65

I bundle up in clothes to stay warm and I have a few throws on the couch.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

LOL!
We like ours at 65 during the day
and 60 at night but we had to shut our heat vent and open a window because even that was too hot.
We can't let the kids freeze though!

2:02 PM  
Blogger Sushiboy said...

We keep ours at 60 - 62 unless one of us is sick, then we pump it up to 70. That feels great. We also have a fireplace so those lazy Sundays at home we'll light a fire and enjoy sitting in the warmth. We do the Sweater Slipper Sweats, method of heating most the time.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Superwoman said...

Mabey we can get a new furnace this year from our tax return and then we could actually be warm!

7:45 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

I like it cold at night, the problem with that is in the summer I still want it cold. So I don't let it get too cold in winter or I'll never sleep in the summer when its warmer.

During the day I like 68 or so. We have a new 94% efficient furnace so the heat bills stay reasonable.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

i hate cold so much.

so very very very very much.

a lot in fact.

the idea of deliberately setting my temps down to 55 so I could wake up and SCREAM when they touched the floor in the AM seems a bit Masochistic.

Luckily the hubs hates cold even more than I do.

Our temperature is set at 75

9:57 AM  
Blogger JQ said...

Pixie and I keep it at seventy so that the G-man won't get cold or sick. If it were up to me sixty-five would be good. I am with Fantastagirl, if you're cold add a layer, or do some work.

10:28 AM  
Blogger poody said...

The coumadin is causing you to be cold sis! I like the temp to be between 68-70 degrees in the daytime but down to 66 at night!

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home